Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drilled Airbox

oliver1990

Hi, iv been looking into getting a typhoon for my t sport, but a few of my mates have told me not to bother

and just drill holes in the bottom of the air box and get a K&N pannel filter and i should get similar gains from it !

I was just wondering if any one had tried this or knows of some one who has and weather it made a difference :thumbsup:

i think someone on the forum did drill their airbox, im sure someone will remember ,

if not have you read harwoods diy guide he recently posted?

or if all else fails then has two used typhoon kits at auction, buy it, use it, resell it?

as -ish mentioned, i put up a diy way of doing an induction kit, as i too didnt fancy splashing quite as much cash as they ask for for the k&n or blitz!

also, when you sell your 'rolla and a potential buyer looks under the bonnet, what you gonna say to them about the holes? they'll assume your a boy racer straight off and walk off!

i had looked but i forgot about it :blink: so thanks ish . good point harwood i dont fancy finding a new one when it comes to selling,your diy way does seem pretty simple to so i may give it a go, have you left the bottom half to the air box in ?

i did leave the bottom half in, however i removed it the other day, not really noticed any difference yet, gonna get an enclosed filter with a cold air feed at some point, hopefully that'll make a difference.

I have drilled my airbox and in the process of fashioning a cold air feed to it. However I have done mine on the underneath so if you open the bonnet no holes can be seen

Im sure i remember seeing that a fresh box from Mr T is 300+

depends what you want from the end product .

Noise ? Drill were you cant see like dangermooser

Noise + 2.5bhp keep watching eBay for a typhoon like i did

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links