Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Squeaky Rear Brakes?

Daveyonthemove

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Did u get your brakes sorted David what parts cured it

• 1 month later...

Very interested in this discussion...a few months ago, my 2008 Auris started emitting a strange, metallic sound when I am driving. Coming from the left hand side outside but hard to tell if it's front or rear. The sound is louder at high speeds, sometimes rising to a conversation-stopping screech (100-120 Km) and is intermittent, kicking in and out to no fixed pattern or timing. I have been told it sounds like a ball bearing; I would describe it as an (unpleasant) mechanical bird. When I put my foot on the brake, it stops for the duration. The dealer has replaced all brake pads but to no avail; he said the old ones were very dusty. Grateful for your help/ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

The rear pads on the auris are suceptable to binding due to a build up of corrosion under the guides on the carrier most techs just replace the guides and pads this does not cure the binding issue .in order to cure this you need to remove the caliper and pads /guides .where the guides meet the carrier you must foil all corrosion away and grease dat area to prevent corrosion then lightly grease the guides and install them then take the pads and remove black coating where it slides in guide and again smear a light ciating of grease .ive used this on many auris for your issue and cured it .but this process must be repeated every time pads are replaced .il post pictures nxt time i have an auris with this issue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links