Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry Shop Service Manuals

anilpatel

I've got a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE V6. I like to purchase the shop manuals for the cars I own. So I went to my Toyota dealer and asked them for the shop manual. I live in the USA if it matters. Apparantly there are three manuals for this car:

1. Diagnostic manual: $129

2. Engine body/chassis: $121

3. Electrical: $70

I've bought manuals for my Honda Accords in the past and they come as one manual and I remember paying around $70/each for the two I bought (for different model years). These seem expensive by comparison.

So I'm wondering what the contents of each of these are beyond the descriptions I listed above. I'm also trying to decide if I should buy them all, or just a subset. The things I've done to my cars are:

1. Oil changes

2. Filter changes (air, air conditioning, etc.)

3. Plug changes

4. Disc brake pads

5. Recharge/repair air conditioning

6. Replace fuel injectors

7. Replace master cylinder

8. Repair ABS system

9. Fix window regulators

10. Install stereo system

11. Replace water pump, belts, alternator

12. Tune up (adjust distributor timing), adjust points

Other than that, I try to diagnose problems before I take it to a shop or dealer to fix it. Also, I like knowing what components are involved in a repair and specifically how the car is put together.

Does anyone have these manuals and is willing to give some advice on which ones would be most useful to a home mechanic wanna-be?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.brandsport.com/fatosema.html I bet these guys can beat your price. You have to contact them for the information though. Did you try eBay? I picked up a nice Nissan manual on there for only 25 bucks plus shipping, maybe you can find a deal there.

Toyota manuals tend to be pretty thorough. Can't see the harm in getting all 3, if you can find a better price.

I also live in the USA, haynes books are sold at most autoparts dealers. They tend to be a little vage in some spots, but them most books do. They cover the whole car not just parts of it.

Call a couple local parts stores.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links