Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fortnum And Mason's Choccies

Monolakes

Anyone else had a box of lovely choccies from Fortnum and Mason land on their doormat?

No explanatory note, just a label saying "with compliments form Toyota" and an iQ logo. I assume it is something to do with the brakes recall!

Nope... NOT in Holland... :crybaby:

Not me either. Because i didnt get an official letter for recall but was picked up on whilst in havind both aux belts replaced because they both shredded, i didnt get a form to get stamped so no compensation. can i be botheted to pursue it? Not really

David

Not me either. Because i didnt get an official letter for recall but was picked up on whilst in havind both aux belts replaced because they both shredded, i dodnt get a form to get stamped so no compensation. can i be botheted to pursue it? Not really

David

I had the same thing, I had it taken back for another problem and they did the recall at the same time. I have since phoned up about why I have not received anything as others have, and was told the dealer had not "sent any paperwork" to Toyota therefore no chocolates.

I feel !Removed! bitter about it, I have only had this car 9 months and have had to take it back to Toyota 4 times so far for various things. Why should those with trouble free cars get the compensation when I have had more than my fair share of issues?

I have had mine 3 months. It has been back for 2 recalls also both my auxiliary belts completely shredded , top rubber window seal crumpled up when the window was wound up. 2 more time because of incompetence in installing a iPod lead. Thats when I decided to do all my work myself. Unless its major and need to use the warranty its not going back. I have never been offered a courtesy car and even if i was i wouldn't want to pay £12. If its their fault that £12 should be paid by Toyota. otherwise you are being penalised £12 for their incompetence .The use of a car is natural as they have deprived you of yours. They should not insult you by expecting you to pay for it.

David

It does seem unfair the way they've distributed the free stuff. Toyota should have contacted all their dealers so they knew to send out paper work once recall work was done. If it's any consolation, the chocolates aren't worth the value of the box they're put in. Even my chocoholic partner agrees!

I had the recall done at the same time as a service, they mentioned it needed doing. Although I knew about it I was waiting for the VOSA letter. All very painless.

I thought the choccies were delicious.

It does seem unfair the way they've distributed the free stuff. Toyota should have contacted all their dealers so they knew to send out paper work once recall work was done. If it's any consolation, the chocolates aren't worth the value of the box they're put in. Even my chocoholic partner agrees!

There is no need to contact the dealer, it should be painless

Dealer does the job, submits the warranty claim online, Toyota gets the info required, simples! You might find the dealer batches up a number of claims and submits them in one batch so the timescale could be a month out

Can't vouch for the chocs, wouldnt bother me if I never saw another choco bar in my life :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I do not even have an IQ.....but got a nice box of chocolates delivered from Toyota!

As I do not eat chocolate I gave them to a lovely old lady down the road ;)

Not me either. Because i didnt get an official letter for recall but was picked up on whilst in havind both aux belts replaced because they both shredded, i didnt get a form to get stamped so no compensation. can i be botheted to pursue it? Not really

David

For someone who cannot be bothered to persue it you sure have made a fuss ;) :P :lol:

Oi!! Red Yaris their mine!! Lol

David

No they are not.......they belong to the lovely old lady down the road!.........but if you like I will ask her if she has sucked the chocolate off the hard ones and let you have the left over centres :lol:

Finally received my chocs today, had the recall work done ages ago. No sign of a gift card though or whatever else it is that others have had.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links