Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Corolla T Sport,

ryan corolla

Hi everyone, I have finally picked my corolla T sport up after about 5 weeks of waiting (waiting for my old insurance to run out so i could renew it with the rolla to get it cheaper,) I absolutely love it, Il post some pictures up later today after Ive took some. Just got one problem with it that the front window screen mists up all the time it does clear with the A/C on but I dont want to have to run the A/C on all the time.

Allow me to also add my greetings, you've made an excellent choice for your new motor!! :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, I have finally picked my corolla T sport up after about 5 weeks of waiting (waiting for my old insurance to run out so i could renew it with the rolla to get it cheaper,) I absolutely love it, Il post some pictures up later today after Ive took some. Just got one problem with it that the front window screen mists up all the time it does clear with the A/C on but I dont want to have to run the A/C on all the time.

Hi Ryan,

Replace your pollen filter and this should solve the problem. Its located in behind the glovebox and costs around a tenner for a new one (dont just clean old filter). Also try clean any leaves etc from cowling under the Wiper Blades.

Best of luck with new car :thumbsup:

welcome to the club and excellent choice of car :) as stated empty the glovebox and open it. on the left there is a "hydraulic" arm screwed into the glowbox. whip the screw out and pull the glovebox upwards this should remove it. inside there you'll see a VHS cassette sized plastic panel, squeeze the 2 arms and pull towards you. this will reveal the pollen filter. chuck it away and get yourself a new one, be careful to get the arrow for airflow the right way around. put the car back together is the reverse of opening it. good luck. by the way that was a really quick guide, i might have missed something but thats the way as far as i remember.

thank you for all the nice replies, and also CorollaD4D and movistargsxr for the advice on the pollen filter, will order one tomorrow,

Here are two photos, will upload some more tonight.

Cheers,

Ryan

post-113098-0-95838100-1318354467_thumb.

post-113098-0-51169400-1318354547_thumb.

Nice pics mate, but which ones yours? Don't tell me you liked the T Sport so much you went out and bought two?!?!

Mind you, I would. ;)

Probably it's the same car but the 2nd picture has been edited to B&W.

• Like 1

Probably it's the same car but the 2nd picture has been edited to B&W.

Oh yeah....duuur!! Well spotted that man!!

I blame the fact i've only had 4 or so hours sleep last night....

Hi Ryan

Nice T Sport you got there, how much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking?

Its just as i have bought one today aswell exactly like yours.. apart from mine being damaged lol

Hope you don't mind, i have attached some pics of it.. did it belong to anyone on here?

post-43822-0-16321900-1318420657_thumb.j

post-43822-0-76374400-1318420665_thumb.j

post-43822-0-16882800-1318420677_thumb.j

Thanks

cant say i recognise it

some job done on the seats

you must have picked her up cheap enough as she needs a nice bit of work, noting mental granted but the bumper alone aint cheap

I wouldn't like to try and repair this using Toyota parts!

Looks like your going to be visiting the scrap yard alot.

Nice seats tho, makes me want mind done. Maybe a with black head rests would be better.

I only brought the one T sport mate :D:D, I love to take photos so no doubt il be adding some more soon. My Dad did have a pre face lift one, thats what started my love for them. His one had a few problems with it, the gears started to crunch when going into 3rd, it had a replacement gearbox but it started to crunch again about a year after, and it also vibrated badly when hitting lift in 3rd too.

Ive replaced my pollen filter so hopefully that'l stop the misting problem. My old filter was black and had plenty of leaves in it.

thanks again for the nice comments, im pleased I waited for a red one. this one has an apexi air filter, are these any good??

I hope you get your one repaired mate, and the seats do look nice.

Kind Regards

Ryan

here are a few more photos I took yesterday.

post-113098-0-58595900-1318438697_thumb.

post-113098-0-34698800-1318438814_thumb.

holy moley those photos are massive!!

nice car, same colour as my brothers.

The apexi filter is one of the best on the market for the T sport. WIN!

Luke

yeah I thought there were rather big, how do I go about making them smaller, a right nice one Win win then, :D:D

Erm, I righ click on mine and select edit (windows 7) and you can resize from there.

There is probably a easy way though.

Is the apexi the only mod?

yeah it is, I part ex'd my punto for it, it does have the original air box too, Im not going to do too much to it, just tint the windows slightly and maybe some alloys next year.

cant say i recognise it

some job done on the seats

you must have picked her up cheap enough as she needs a nice bit of work, noting mental granted but the bumper alone aint cheap

yeah the seats look quite good which persuaded me to pay a little bit more than I would've liked to get it for, but I haven't picked it up yet so need to see how bad the damage is on it but it has only got 50k on it. As for the bumper I bought one quite a while back which went cheap on eBay off a guy who put the tte bumper on his so been

saving that for a rainy day lol if i didn't have that I would

definitely not have bought the car as they are costly to get hold of and Im not one to pay dealer prices lol

I wouldn't like to try and repair this using Toyota parts!

Looks like your going to be visiting the scrap yard alot.

Nice seats tho, makes me want mind done. Maybe a with black head rests would be better.

thanks, yeah I think you might be right there if they were black to break it up abit more but I think they are quite nice still

I hate using copy panels to repair a car but I have my own scrap yard so genuine parts are not a problem :P

thanks Ryan, I will have to see if I get it repaired when I pick it up , I hope it's not too much though,

I had a couple of the pfl models one which i preferred as it was a 5 door but recently broke that as someone wanted the engine and it was good money :)

I was thinking of getting another 5 door tsport n facelifting it as I already have the bumper put away to the side but will see what happens now, atleast I know what it will be like by looking at your beauty.

will add some pics when or if I get it repaired

thanks

this one has an apexi air filter, are these any good??

The apexi filter is one of the best on the market for the T sport. WIN!

I've been rocking an A'PEXi since 2008 B)

The bonus of already having one on your car is that customs now seem to be picking them up as they get imported from Japan.

Gaz had one before they were cool.

Bit like those thick black geek glasses that kids wear these days.

Ha ha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links