Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is My Car Limited?

Dibs

Not limited, just illegal.... It's not a good idea to brag about illegal speeds on a public forum!

Welcome to TOC btw :thumbsup:

I wouldn't want to hit a brick wall at 95mph! Welcome to TOC. :thumbsup:

Got me wondering what was you overtaking at that speed ? Sounds down right foolish to me, was 70mph not enough, hope you had no passengers in.

Damian.... I suggest the advice and comments of my fellow TOC members is very justified, don't post about illegal acts :angry:

You have to appreciate that your car is 11 years old and may no longer be able to reach 100mph. I note you don't say how many miles the car has covered but should it be high then the engine may be well past it's best with low compression. Just accept that your car can still exceed the national speed limit and stay within the rules and laws of the road :yes:

Dibs,

I saw your post in my email alerts and thought to myself 'That is not a problem!'.

I was going to say about your speed and glad the car held you back, but other responses beat me to it.

As said before, don't boast about breaking the speed limit on any forum, unless you are on a private track or in Germany on one of their unrestricted roads.

Now if you said that you were trying to overtake in a lower gear, or was going up a steep hill and the car would not go over 4000 rpm, then that would be problem.

I find that I rarely need to go over 3500 rpm in most driving situations. Only if I have 3 heavy passengers on a fast road going up hill do I get near 4000 rpm in lower gears.

Now to answer your question - No your car is not restricted! (An unknown force came into play ;) )

Check your inlet manifold in the area close to the fuel injectors, there is a vacuum switch or actuator which open an closes the secondary inlets. Check to see if the lever has disconnected. Mine did and the valves were partially open. This caused car to be sluggish at low rpm, strong in the mid. I did not rev much above 3500 rpm to know what effect problem may have caused.

I reconnected and secured the lever and all was well.

There may a problem elsewhere.

Routine service of oil change, filters oil and air change, may help.

Hope you find the problem (if any) and drive safely. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links