Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr 1.8 Ipod Connection

davecoco

Hi, i recently bought a Yaris SR 1.8, which is a fantastic car, however i would really like an iPod connection to the standard stereo. I have seen one that Toyota do which costs £300 and it doesn't say if it includes fitting. Does anyone know where i could find it cheaper, or of anyone who could do it in the south of england?! I would do it myself but the stereo is integral with the dash, and i don't fancy breaking anything! Cheers!

Hi, i recently bought a Yaris SR 1.8, which is a fantastic car, however i would really like an iPod connection to the standard stereo. I have seen one that Toyota do which costs £300 and it doesn't say if it includes fitting. Does anyone know where i could find it cheaper, or of anyone who could do it in the south of england?! I would do it myself but the stereo is integral with the dash, and i don't fancy breaking anything! Cheers!

Hi have a look at this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-iConnect-FM-Modulator-Car-Stereo-iPod-Adaptor-/170703649921?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27bebafc81 its what i fitted to mine and it was easy, have a look on youtube for how to stip down the dash trim to remove the headunit, it only takes 5 mins and 4 screws most of it just unclips. Very easy to wire in i wired mine into the cigerete lighter because it was easiest to identify as a 12v power cable. the music qulity isnt pretty good for what you py for. good luck.

Don't be afraid of stripping out the dash - it really is simple if you follow this:

Thanks guys, thats brilliant :) i'll give it a go then, that video makes it seem much less daunting. Just one question, how does the ipod lead work? what i mean is, when you turn the stereo on which setting does it have to be in, for the ipod to play? and does it bring any info up on the stereo screen when playing? cheers, Dave.

It depends on the unit, but I got mine from xcarlink.co.uk (Although mine is the SD card one and not the ipod one) and it emulates a CD changer so I just have to select the CD changer and it works :)

Some you have to select an AUX mode rather than a CD Changer mode.

with the modulator you just tune into a fm statio to match the modulator unit and it plays through the radio then, it bllocks out the radio signals as soon as you plug the ipod in so no interference. works well and iv no issues so far.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links