Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Spotted In Toyota Test Facility

Lorcan

Difficult to make out the shape and features properly, but the ledge on that rear bumper is far too big IMO.

The current one is bad enough, but that looks like a table.

Difficult to make out the shape and features properly, but the ledge on that rear bumper is far too big IMO.

The current one is bad enough, but that looks like a table.

Its probably to try and get you to buy the Protection pack to get more cash off you lol

Something similiar? Oh yes, if you ask me!

lexush_06.jpg

Something similiar? Oh yes, if you ask me!

lexush_06.jpg

Lol, it sure look very similar...

But from the pics, the shape of the cars sure doesn't look like a Auris, unless they are planning to do a full on new design for it.

Also, even if it is, what is the most likely year its gonna be released? 2012 or 2013? If its 2012, I'll have to quickly sell the car before

the value drops~

Key

@Davey That is quite true...cars in this segment are looking more similar than before~

Taking into consideration that the Kia looks very similar, but comes with a more economical engine, lower tax and a 7 year warranty, I could be tempted to try one out next year.

I see they've opted for full blown aerodynamic tweaks complete with the new style quilted roof spoiler... NICE!!! :D

Kia's styling and package is getting much better than before, or even better than the well known brands such as toyota, honda...

But as for engine quality and durability, its still a bit behind.

If you think about it, lower warrenty means the manufacturer is confident that their parts doesn't need to be fixed regulary and last long.

Hahaha maybe i'm just trying to make an excuse for them >.<

Or the lower warranty means that they don't have confidence and are not prepared to cover the cost of repairs for parts they expect to break after 3 years....?

Doesn't matter which way you look at it, I would rather have a 7 yr warranty over a 3 yr warranty regardless of how long i decided to keep the car for.

hahaha yeah i know~ Just making excuses for them, but also, I don't mind if the warrenty is long or not...because i'll play with the car sooner or later.

Key

still, I think not earlier than late 2012, or early 2013 we can expect the all new auris (the facelift was available about 1.5 years after the avensis T27, now we have avensis T27 FaceLift, so we can expect in my opinion the all new auris about April 2013)

Will Toyota go out of their way to create a class leader or will they opt for a nice middle of the road position, everytime

they bring out a new Auris (or Avensis or any other new model....) they have an opportunity to do this.

What id like is for them to have a jump up similar to when the 2003 Avensis came out in terms of a little added class compared to the

outgoing model. If they could do that and also add a little spark to the drive than that woudld be great.

Unfortunately i wonder if we are going to have a repeat of the Mk 3 Yaris fiasco where gadgets like infortainement systems and reversing

cameras seemed to have a higher priority than the product itself :rolleyes: .

Red diesel

I've seen the new Toyota Yaris, from the back it sure resembles the Auris design. big back bumper and all that~ Looks like toyota will be using Auris design as a base of some sort.

Key

I have driven the new Yaris and hope to goodness that they don't copy the hard plastics, bumpy ride and road noise in the new Auris. I am beginning to think that Toyota are starting, or have started to lose the plot when it comes to new design cars. As an example they bring out the Lexus CT200h, expensive, luxury on wheels as befits the name, and then give it a stiffly sprung suspension. Bang goes the traditional Lexus customer base who wants a smooth, cosseting ride. Perhaps that's the idea. Concentrate on the younger market. Trouble is that alienates the more traditional Toyota buyer looking for the well established virtues of quality and reliability without the sporting/lifestyle pretensions.

Hope the new Auris is on a par with the Corolla, may be wrong ,but think it was the biggest selling car ever. Just hope they don't get carried away and give it a built in H.U.D displaying facebook.

• 3 weeks later...

I have driven the new Yaris and hope to goodness that they don't copy the hard plastics, bumpy ride and road noise in the new Auris. I am beginning to think that Toyota are starting, or have started to lose the plot when it comes to new design cars. As an example they bring out the Lexus CT200h, expensive, luxury on wheels as befits the name, and then give it a stiffly sprung suspension. Bang goes the traditional Lexus customer base who wants a smooth, cosseting ride. Perhaps that's the idea. Concentrate on the younger market. Trouble is that alienates the more traditional Toyota buyer looking for the well established virtues of quality and reliability without the sporting/lifestyle pretensions.

Hope the new Auris is on a par with the Corolla, may be wrong ,but think it was the biggest selling car ever. Just hope they don't get carried away and give it a built in H.U.D displaying facebook.

I've driven the new Yaris too but I didn't see anything wrong with the plastics used. Didn't notice any bumpy ride either. I loved it :yes:

It has a whole year, so will see. The thing is that there are a lot of similarityes with the Avensis (especially back end). A known auto producer has these king of similarityies in it's model range at the moment. It's a well known fact, that it's trying to make some changes for next models, so that there are not just size differences, but some othe features aswell (on the exterior). But hey, if they bring the "Corolla" name back, as the roomers are, will be nice.

So, here it is:

c0f131cca3242012f71169e39407f1df.jpeg

2e43204fa4667b38392bcc54f257b5bf.jpeg

Yet another appliance - oh why oh why oh why

When will Toyota get the message that it should set a standard - not just come into a basic level, i know styling isn't everything

but with that styling of this new car - its clearly not a car to set new high standards (imo)

Red diesel

Going on those pics, it looks like it was made to go head-to-head with the Mazda 3 ! It's quite a sharp design, but very much 'today' as opposed to 'tomorrow'. You can see the Auris lineage very easily at the rear. Perhaps a slightly more daring design would have appealed to new customers as well as existing ones.

Going on those pics, it looks like it was made to go head-to-head with the Mazda 3 ! It's quite a sharp design, but very much 'today' as opposed to 'tomorrow'. You can see the Auris lineage very easily at the rear. Perhaps a slightly more daring design would have appealed to new customers as well as existing ones.

To my mind they should have skipped the Auris lineage altogether with the styling of this car and work back to the E12 Corolla - a much nicer car to look at - and if owner comments on here are anything to go by - a much nicer car to own and drive.

Hopefully a miricle will occour and it will drive much nicer than it looks because in my view it just looks like an appliance

Red diesel

All cars are an appliance. We buy new ones because we get bored. I am trying to overcome this expensive affliction.

Sorry, I can't agree with that comment personally. My last 2 cars were changed for completely different reasons - the first was a Fiat & I'd had enough of it's electrical maladies, the second was a Nissan & it went because the mileage was climbing (thus reducing its resale value).

Although I understand that for many people cars are just a means of getting from A to B & nothing else, I'm not one of them. I like to get some driving pleasure from my vehicles ie. it handles well & overtakes without too much effort for a start. If it looks good, is comfortable & reliable, then that ticks the boxes too. For me, there is much more to a car I specifically chose than just a means of transport.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links