Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dey Do Dat Do Dont Dey Do ?

CharlieFarlie

Dey do dat do dont dey do ??? MMMmmmm I join the M5 at 5.30 this morning heading north.. the M5 was almost deserted Almost..

So I set the cruise to 70MPH and turn on the crap stereo .. Then a car comes past and pulls in front.. It slows so I pass it.. So again it comes by... Then... You've guessed ? This happens 5 times !! So I pull past and speed up to around 90 for a couple of miles and settle at 70 again... Same !Removed! car comes by and slows down again !! WHY ???????........................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dey do dat do dont dey do ??? MMMmmmm I join the M5 at 5.30 this morning heading north.. the M5 was almost deserted Almost..

So I set the cruise to 70MPH and turn on the crap stereo .. Then a car comes past and pulls in front.. It slows so I pass it.. So again it comes by... Then... You've guessed ? This happens 5 times !! So I pull past and speed up to around 90 for a couple of miles and settle at 70 again... Same !Removed! car comes by and slows down again !! WHY ???????........................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

S' your magnetic personality Charle :rolleyes:

Basically there are some real Rsoles out there :ffs:

Should have just slowed down and let them carry on and not risked your licence :unsure:

Should have just slowed down and let them carry on and not risked your licence :unsure:

Yes Mate You are right. But I was only doing 70. When I overtook in order to put a little distance between Us it was between junctions . It was also 5.50 in the morning on a Sunday. So little risk.. If I had kept slowing I would have been down around 60 and then the car may have slowed some more ?? Hard to say..... :blink:

Undercover cop car?

Probably a drunk driver losing attention and then over-compensating.

Had one follow me over a 30 mile stretch coming down from Aberdeen once.

Would blast past me, slow down, speed up, tail me, drive parallel with me. He then blasted on ahead, and I saw him 10 minutes later in a lay-by looking like sh*t and relieving himself.

If only I had a mobile phone at the time. Or a baseball bat.

Undercover cop car?

Probably a drunk driver losing attention and then over-compensating.

Had one follow me over a 30 mile stretch coming down from Aberdeen once.

Would blast past me, slow down, speed up, tail me, drive parallel with me. He then blasted on ahead, and I saw him 10 minutes later in a lay-by looking like sh*t and relieving himself.

If only I had a mobile phone at the time. Or a baseball bat.

Thats a nice description of Charlie but what do you think the other guy was up to?

I'f I've understood the post correct, it's called Hog Lapping. You try and lap a centre lane hog by using lane 1 and 3 to overtake/be overtaken as many times as possible before the hog pulls in to lane 1.

Its an early version of cruise control. Latch onto another car then just follow. It does sometimes fail which is when it overtakes you, but it rectifies itself by slowing down to allow you to take the intiative again. I believe trains and buses use the same system although of course trains don't get to overtake.

I'f I've understood the post correct, it's called Hog Lapping. You try and lap a centre lane hog by using lane 1 and 3 to overtake/be overtaken as many times as possible before the hog pulls in to lane 1.

....?

Nah...sorry Boab...that's a Giraffe's bum .....GONE RIGHT OVER MA HEAD....couldst thou elabomarate ?

Big Kev :unsure:

My worst one is leaving a safe gap only for some galoot to overtake you and drop in about four feet in front. :censor:

There was a very high southerly wind Sunday morning. Clearly the guy had the engine off and was moving under wind power. When he pulled in, you were blocking all his wind, so he slowed down :rolleyes:

.........anyway, I was driving northbound very early on the M5 Sunday morning, back to Brum and although it was dark, I spotted this very shiny and reflective RAV at some distance. I moved in for a closer admiring gawp, but everytime I got near the chap kept accelerating away. Very annoying.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

....?

Nah...sorry Boab...that's a Giraffe's bum .....GONE RIGHT OVER MA HEAD....couldst thou elabomarate ?

Big Kev :unsure:

If you feel like it, and spot a Middle Lane Hog on an empty road, you can speed up to overtake in lane 3. Then you drop down to lane 2 then 1, ease off the gas and allow the Hog to pass you - rinse and repeat to see how many laps you can do before the hog notices and acts. Hog Lapping.

My worst one is leaving a safe gap only for some galoot to overtake you and drop in about four feet in front. :censor:

Who then brakes censored.gifcensored.gif

Is that what you call dem when dey does it den,Don?

Cassic symptoms of a extreme case of lane 3 phobia I reckon,Dave

Del

Is that what you call dem when dey does it den,Don?

Cassic symptoms of a extreme case of lane 3 phobia I reckon,Dave

Del

Allways amazes me Del, my trip home from work see me on motorway for 1 junction.As Don says, you leave a nice gap to

car in front relative to your braking distance.Just before your exit lane ends, you get the last minute hick dead cutting in to

the space in front of you. Being BMW drivers exiting from THEIR lane, they are going so fast that they have to brake so hard

you can barely avoid running into the back of them.censored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gif

And don't get me started on white van men.....................................................ham shankers !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links