Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres

anthaygo

NICE ATTITUDE! Unless you are joking and I've got the wrong end of the stick???

I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. You see, in English, if someone makes a slightly outrageous statement which is closely followed by a phrase such as, "But seriously", an ironic intention to the preceding statement has been retrospectively signaled. I sincerely apologise if this confused you.

Your English is exemplary. As Welsh is my 1st language I misunderstood your ironic intention. I accept your apology for the confusion within the spirt it was given.

Your both been grammer Pedant's now.

Is the spelling of "grammar" irony ??

David

Also...... Your / You're

Been / Being

Use of apostrophe.

Anyway......What's up with my grammar? She's a nice old lady.

I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. You see, in English, if someone makes a slightly outrageous statement which is closely followed by a phrase such as, "But seriously", an ironic intention to the preceding statement has been retrospectively signaled. I sincerely apologise if this confused you.

Your English is exemplary. As Welsh is my 1st language I misunderstood your ironic intention. I accept your apology for the confusion within the spirt it was given.

David

Also...... Your / You're

Been / Being

Use of apostrophe.

The clues were all there !

David

David

Also...... Your / You're

Been / Being

Use of apostrophe.

The clues were all there !

David

Actually, it wasn't a question of grammar but of semantics.

well it turns out that even though both clickontyres and camskill list these as instock and let you order online, neither have any in stock and wont until the end of jan. awesome :censor:

EDIT: reordered from tyretraders instead. £4 more per tyre and will be posted from Germany so wont be here until next week. What a mess on.

ALL of our winter tyres listed on our website are either in stock or available (for now at least)

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=25&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89

We have 4 x Aygo tyres on the shelf

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

the quadtrac lites arrived a week late so the ******* is finally off and it now has something decent. first drive felt good, but I will report back after they have done more miles. I wonder if them being designed for low rolling resistance will help the

MPG very much...

Don't we need a winter first :lol:

Raist, I have it on good authority (my corn on the 3rd toe on the right foot) that winter will arrive tonight in the south east, it will last for 3 hours and then the temperature will go back to double figures again...

• 1 month later...

What is this about the European requirement for winter tyres? Have I missed some thing? We lived in UK (Southampton and later Stoke on Trent) 25 years ago before we moved to Sweden and I do not remember using winter tyres in England. I did not know what winter tyres were before we moved to snowy, icy Sweden.

What is this about the European requirement for winter tyres? Have I missed some thing? We lived in UK (Southampton and later Stoke on Trent) 25 years ago before we moved to Sweden and I do not remember using winter tyres in England. I did not know what winter tyres were before we moved to snowy, icy Sweden.

I think it was an over-generalisation. As you say, some countries require them, but I doubt if Greece does :)

"Europe" (and indeed "Health & Safety") have become a handy institution to use as a scapegoat for anything bad these days, even when they are actually blameless.

Thanks, I get it ! The word, European requirement has become a dustbin for all good or bad. At the moment here in Sweden there is a raging European debate (and soon to become European law/requirement) on extension of retirement age. There is a lot of public resistence to it, and has made the earlier popular prime minister very unpopular right now! Sorry for the slightly OT nature of this discussion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links