Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

fraz63

Can anyone advise please, I own a Auris 1.6 TR and do a lot of inner city driving, my average fuel consumption is 25 mpg, is this normal for this car????

That's way low.I've got a.1.6 Sr and get about 35-37 mpg around and about rising to around 42-45 on a good run.

Is it driving or queuing? If its the latter then turning the engine off will help quite a lot.

That's way low.I've got a.1.6 Sr and get about 35-37 mpg around and about rising to around 42-45 on a good run.

Thats about what i get with mostly urban driving.never have used my 1,6 on what you would call a long run as yet.

25 mpg does seem very low,but this does dependd how and where you drive.that if the car has not got a problem

City driving will reduce your mpg regardless of the car

Consider factors

Tyre pressure

Load

Stop and go

Cold weather uses more fuel

Service maybe required

I have a 2.0d and the mpg has come down to 35 mpg in winter but on a run it picks back up so dont worry about it

Not as bad as a corolla t sport i had which would return 25mpg taking it easy

Thanks to everyone I will give all the obvious things a try ,tyre pressure, etc. and possibly look at getting a decent diagnosis done,my last car was a diahatsu sirion which after a year of trouble free driving went from 40mpg to around 20mpg and I never did get to the bottom of that one,was narrowing it down to a faulty signal from the 02 sensors after renewing with them.starting to feel cursed.

Hi fraz63,

I have an 07 TR and nearly a year now. 65k on the clock.

I have been careful with my driving and lately on the motorway I have just exceeded 40mpg by driving at 62mph.With local town driving (Tesco is a quarter mile away and my wife does several trips in the week) I have seen around 37/38mpg.

However, in the last week this has dramatically dropped to 34,5 which, I presume is due to the cold weather.

You should be getting better than 30, so there is a problem there - even if you have leaded boots.

Good luck in your search for a solution. Please let us know what ou find as I am sure it will affect us at some future date if not sooner.

Cheers.

Does the OP NEVER give the car a nice long run now and again at all? If it's never had a spell out on the open roads, I'd recommend giving the vehicle a chance to show what it can do now and again to see if it is just down to inner city driving (which I'm sure it is).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links