Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Eyes Have It......

firemac

Is it my imagination or are road signs getting tmore & more reflective. Just got back from a cross-country drive, about 20 miles, mostly on B-roads & lanes, so no/few street lights. On a couple of occasions I had to dip my headlights and/or slow down when approaching road signs due to the brightness of the reflected light.

On some main roads now, the forest of signs at roundabouts can be really dazzling.

Is it that headlights are getting brighter or are sign makers putting too much flouresence in their products?

Or are my ol' peepers just getting more sensitive with age?

Spot on Jim , and it,s even worse when there are no street lights

Regards Clare

Is it my imagination or are road signs getting tmore & more reflective. Just got back from a cross-country drive, about 20 miles, mostly on B-roads & lanes, so no/few street lights. On a couple of occasions I had to dip my headlights and/or slow down when approaching road signs due to the brightness of the reflected light.

On some main roads now, the forest of signs at roundabouts can be really dazzling.

Is it that headlights are getting brighter or are sign makers putting too much flouresence in their products?

Or are my ol' peepers just getting more sensitive with age?

I've noticed this too.

I think headlights seem more powerful now,could that be just down to their modern design?

It may also due to my ancient peepers but I find it is worserer(one of the wife's words??) also on wet roads in daylight

and most people have their headlights lit

Then again maybe it it due to misuse,or non use of the headlight leveller

Del

I think headlights seem more powerful now,could that be just down to their modern design?

It may also due to my ancient peepers but I find it is worserer(one of the wife's words??) also on wet roads in daylight

and most people have their headlights lit

Then again maybe it it due to misuse,or non use of the headlight leveller

Del

The headlight leveller point is a good one, Del. However, I think they are designed so that they can't rise above the level that they would be if fixed and in line with Consruction & Use regs. The level control only allows you to aim them down to compensate for the rear of the car being loaded, i.e. so you don't light up the tree-tops, doesn't it? That's how it seems to be in my RAVs.

Jim

P.S. Does anybody know why the fwd/back/up/down keys on my keyboard don't work on this site? I can backspace or delete but otherwise if I want to navigate around existing text, I have to use the mouse. Weird!!!!

P.S. Does anybody know why the fwd/back/up/down keys on my keyboard don't work on this site? I can backspace or delete but otherwise if I want to navigate around existing text, I have to use the mouse. Weird!!!!

And i thought it was my Pc that didn't work / was packing up......

Glad i'm not the only one... :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links