Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Special Edition Yaris

97paseo

Weird . . it's Grey ? ? Someone tell Toyota . . . no seriously it's NOT BLUE :lol:

Anyway don't like the interior - gotta whiff of Street Ka about it !

looks grey to me too!!

maybe it looks blue at night :wacko:

I have this "thing" about car interiors. I don't like patterned seats or fussy interiors. So I don't the special edition interior, the seats look like they have knitted seat covers on ! (could just be the picture) and I don't like the knitted blue n the door panels. in fact I just don't like the interior at all.

I quite like the wheels and I like the "grey" body colour and the mats are quite nice with the blue trim, but it doesn't match up to my lovely T-Sport.

Kaz

I think that it's not a bad colour but as for the seats. Not the best chice in colour as it's too bold and in your face. It reminds me of the vauxhall antibes range. they had Nova's Astra's and Cavaliers and they came in blue white and red and the seats where colour coordinated. :wacko:

jerry!!

I actually quite like it - my last Yaris had that sort of blue interior and it was more inviting than "Hole of Calcutta" Black - and I like that greyish exterior, but I'm still not fond of the "Old Granny CDX" alloys. (Apologies to CDX owners :!Removed!: )

I tried to look up the Toyota website to find out what the extra kit is but it's the far side of useless...

Cheers,

A

Why dont those toyota brats release a proper limited edition yaris, like the Turbo version :ffs: rather than this kak :ffs:

:crybaby: starting to miss my YTS now :crybaby:

just for the record, don't think the cars kak, just the marketing ploy :thumbsup:

Edited by Surinder

Yeah, its not exactly anything "special" or something to write home about.

Love the how they phrased the remote audio controls...they are now "bolted" on the steering column...so elequently put...I can imagine this uggly affair, with rusty bolts sticking out! just seems like an after thought.

For it to be a special addition..I would have liked to see some exterior styling as well, perhaps another redesigned bumper/grill etc, rather than just a "jazzy" Badge saying it's special.

Vipes

A friend of mine ordered his Yaris Blue in Italy several weeks ago. It should be delivered in the next few days. The special feature there (except the colour) is the BlueTooth phone connection that allows you to use the phone through the stereo without even taking the phone out of your pocket. Having seen his cars's specs, I thought that BlueTooth was an integral part of the offer...

That's nothing - the Celica Red is silver! (the interior is red)

In fact, there are three different metallic blues available for Yaris Blue, we just got given the greyish one for photography and that happened to be on an overcast day (sun shine always helps)!

Keep in mind that such Special Editions are not meant to be future classics, but good value for money alternatives to regular derivatives to encourage buyers without resorting to free insurance, discounts, etc.

Toyota PR

That's nothing - the Celica Red is silver! (the interior is red)

In fact, there are three different metallic blues available for Yaris Blue, we just got given the greyish one for photography and that happened to be on an overcast day (sun shine always helps)!

Keep in mind that such Special Editions are not meant to be future classics, but good value for money alternatives to regular derivatives to encourage buyers without resorting to free insurance, discounts, etc.

Toyota PR

I take it your from Toyota :blink:

if so wheres the Yaris turbo !!!

I want one :angry:

any info would be appreciated :thumbsup:

So, Toyota PR, what is there extra on the "Blue"? Just because I'm interested really...

If you want the Yaris Turbo then write to Toyota Great Britain - they are the ones who decided it wouldn't sell in the UK so decided not to take it!

It exists, but was going to be too expensive, i.e. Mini Cooper money.

Now you'll all say we'd buy one, and you might, but truth is high performance derivatives are a virtual guarantee for losing money (Ford took a £7,000 hit on each Focus RS, apparently). Nice for image, but not always good for bank balance.

What was TTE, or at least the after market part of it, do, I believe, offer turbos kits for Yaris in the German market, but there is no plan to offer it in the UK.

Another "lost" car was the 190 bhp VVTi-L engined Yaris built by a subsidiary of Yamaha. That was a blast, but never got past the prototype stage.

Toyota PR

YARIS SOARS INTO THE BLUE

The Toyota Yaris is being given added driver appeal with the launch of the Yaris Blue. On sale from April 1, Yaris Blue offers special styling and equipment specification at a high value for money price. Three and five-door versions are being launched with a choice of 1.0 and 1.3-litre VVT-i petrol engine power. As befits its name, Yaris Blue will be finished in one of three blue metallic paint finishes: Ice Blue, Carlo Blue or new Twilight Blue, exclusive to this model. The bumpers and door mirrors are colour-keyed and a chrome finisher on the tailpipe adds a distinctive touch. The 1.3 versions ride on eight-spoke alloy wheels, while the 1.0 models are fitted with exclusive-design wheel trims.

In the cabin the blue theme continues in the upholstery, door trims and the contrasting blue stitching on the leather steering wheel trim. Both the scuff plates and carpet mats feature the “Yaris Blue” badging. Carbon fibre-style inserts add a sporty touch to the dashboard and doors and the gear knob has a chrome and leather finish. Auxiliary audio controls mounted on the steering wheel provide added convenience.

The specification of the new Yaris Blue builds on that of the current Yaris T3 with extra features that together are worth more than £900. However, on-the-road prices for Yaris Blue are only marginally higher, starting at £8,945 for the 1.0 three-door model.

The Toyota Yaris has enjoyed huge success since its launch in 1999, its European sales reaching record highs year after year and more than 141,000 units being sold in the UK alone.

:(

With the focus RS ford had to sell a certain number on the road before it could be used for rallying, so although they allegedly made a loss on public sales, in real terms they made loads of money through the rallying sponsorship etc.

As for the Yaris Turbo, I take it that means they couldn’t make enough profit from UK customers, w :censor: :censor: :censor: ers. Not taking a dig at Toyota PR, just Toyota GB who defo read this forum.

190 bhp VVTi-L engined Yaris :crybaby: now i want one of these :crybaby:

I have Bluetooth in my girl, just thought I would let you know. :lol:

Ash. :ph34r:

to do what?

nice colour but nowt special

reminds me of good old Ford Mercury Grey!

Sunrider,

I don't think there is a need for homologation specials anymore, - hence 2.0 turbo 4wd Corollas and Fabias!

As for making a profit, well the only other option is to make a loss and that's a not clever for anybody. Had we launched a Yaris Turbo at £15k plus you might have said we w :censor: :censor: :censor: ers for trying to rip people off.

Toyota PR

ow well, looks like i am going to have to give up on the Turbo Yaris :(

2.0 turbo 4wd Corollas ?? is this something coming out or another YTS Turbo?

YTS turbo! come on it would sell like hot cakes

another comment towards the yaris blue is..............i like the blue touches inside!

id have a yaris turbo!

we should put a vote up2 2 see how many people on here would seriously buy one?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links