Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silly Speedo Design...

CorollaD4D

this is a rant so if anyone doesn't want to read it, press back now :P

i drove my dad's avensis (2005) for more than 2 minutes yesterday, we were on the motorway and i was so angry at the speedo. what a silly design, on the motorway when you glance down and look up again it is neigh on impossible to tell if you're doing 70 or 50 if you are in average speed check as i was. personally i think it's dangerous as i was having to look at the speedo for longer before looking up again, which silly bafoon decided this was a good design? i think 30, 50 and 70mph should be more clearly marked, possibly in red as you use to get with some vauxhall models.

anyway, rant over.

I not really noticed, although i did swap my vaux astra for an avensis a few months back. I admit the vauxhalls do have better speedos with the 30 and 70 clearly marked but never been a problem for me. I usually just chuck cruise control on when on motorway anyway

I do wonder why they don't use the digital dash like the one in my Yaris in more cars; The speedo is much easier to see at a glance even in the dark but every one still uses boring old dials!

Don't like dials,try driving s Picasso for 100000 miles with that dash,horrible,just horrible!

I generally try to avoid french cars :lol:

Why, what's it look like?

Digital readout right in the middle of the dash,didn't help when I picked passengers up and(bearing in mind the seats have fold up tables) they'd say"oh,It's like a plane in here"

After 4000 times It's not funny

Ironically it was a good car/plane!!

ha ha, got to love the Citreon speedo.

Not only is it in an awkward position for you to see, it is an optimal position for others in different cars to see!

Many times I have seen people speeding past and noticed their speedo reading.

I get the opposite problem because in the Yaris Mk1 only the driver can see the dash! :lol:

"I can't see the dash! How fast are we going??"

The early yaris is like looking down a tunnel weird but in a good way,I always had my excuse ready if anyone in my cab said I was speeding,"oh I was mucking about with the setting and left in KPH!"

:lol:

It was a bit weird getting used to it being in the middle, but now I much prefer it to it being hidden behind the steering wheel as is normally the case.

But it was very well designed; Can see it clearly no matter where the sun is, or how bright/dark it is because the tunnel shields it... Can't say that about many other dashboards!

My Fiesta was annoying; It seemed there weere many angles where the sun reflected off the glass in front of the speedo and I couldn't see anything XD

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links