Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Dipping Mirror

gargol

Hi

Anyone know if the wiring would be in place for the auto dipping mirror in a 2010 Avensis?

I wouls like to fit an auto mirror, but don't like the idea of stripping out the side a pillar trims etc.

I have a 2010 T4 with auto dipping mirror and cannot advise re wiring but it is not an option I would miss tbh, it very rarely has to do anything.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

I am begining to think that you are right, that it would be too much trouble, especially

since I do not know the type of mirror mount on my car and how to remove it without damage.

Ian

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

I am begining to think that you are right, that it would be too much trouble, especially

since I do not know the type of mirror mount on my car and how to remove it without damage.

Mirror came without the 5 pin connector, so I would have to find one of those too.

Ian

tbh, I guess the wiring would be linked to a sensor at the top of the windscreen which would detect outside light levels. The other wires would most likely be an earth and power line. In the Avensis I have only ever seen, as a pack, rain and dusk sensor. Hence, I'm assuming that there are other parts, not just the mirror that you would need, if trying to fit an original

With an aftermarket one I guess that it would have its own light sensor fitted so its just a case of earth and power feed

I wouldn't bother. I have the auto dip mirror and I would rather have the manual option because, in my humble opinion, I think the auto takes too long and doesn't dip at times when I would prefer it to.

Hi

Thanks for the reply's, I have decided that it would not be worth my while to fit, and it is on eBay again, many thanks.

You live and learn!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links