Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moving Over To The Other Side!

Nick-Johnson

Hi Guys,

I put my T-Sport Corolla up for sale today it was quite emotional to say the least! I have really enjoy owning Toyotas for the last two years I have had fun from both the Yaris TS and the Corolla TS but I have decided to buy a new 04 Honda Civic Type - R. I placed the order on Saturday and now waiting for June for my new baby to arrive, I cant wait!

I got a smashing deal from my local dealer so there really was not much to think about, I just hope it will be as much fun to own as the both of my Toyotas. I shall still be around on the forums and I will post pics of my new toy as soon as it turns up.

Nick

04 Civic Type - R On Order B)

so what are you doing with your Awaiting Mods: 18in TTE alloys & Body Kit. Blitz Sonic Induction Kit, TRD Exhaust + Manifold. were they a wish list or are they on order and if so would you be about to flog them?

If it was me i would have saved up a bit more and gone for the new elise or exige with the TS engine... ADDICT

Sorry to hear you won't be behind the wheel of a Toyota Nick - but the Type-R's are seriously nice, good choice. :thumbsup:

You seen the import Integra DC5 shape - :drool: yes please! :yes:

Sorry to hear you won't be behind the wheel of a Toyota Nick - but the Type-R's are seriously nice, good choice. :thumbsup:

You seen the import Integra DC5 shape - :drool: yes please! :yes:

Yeah I have been out in a few DC5's, its got the same engine as the CTR! But the ECU has been mapped to give it a little more BHP and Torque as in a stright line it would be slightly quicker!

I have been hanging around on type-r.org for a while now so slowly learning about all the Hondas even go to one of there monthly rags/meets!

I must admit I will miss my Corolla T-Sport, it is the best car I have owned to date and I have had a few!

Nick :thumbsup:

i dont see the advange of selling the corolla tsport then paying extra money on top for a ctr like i said many times ctr aint all that if you gonna change your cts for something else at least change to a real sports car

but hey if thats what you want to do than is up to you

Before anyone start giving the large about how ctr is better than cts you can all save it

as i dont care anymore i now own 2 car a cts and a mr2 turbo rev3 :lol: :D

all i can say is bring it

T128,

An interesting point you make there, yeah I know the Honda is not much quicker but it is just the little things that just make a slightly more involving machine to drive. The gearbox is out of this world I have never had pleasure of using anything else as good the steering is so precise it just give you tons of confidence when your at the limit. Another thing is that on long distance driving the Toyota is just so noisy you almost feel like you need a 7th gear, I feel is one of the biggest down falls on the CTS. I can promise the Type-R is not nearly as loud in fact it is very quite at motorway speeds.

Like I say I have really enjoyed my ownership of both Toyotas and you cant fault either the Yaris TS or the Corolla TS, I just feel the Civic is more of a race bread road car than the Corolla and that will just suit me a bit better.

Who knows I may well be back if Toyota re-launch the Supra I would always own another Toyota all day long!

Nick

Hey nick

i think they are both good cars but in differnt ways,i have to agree with you in regard to noise and to be honest i no as when you have hearing probs as i do im kind of lucky i guess as i can turn my hearing aids of :lol: .My son has taken del of a 2004 ctr and yep it is real ok every think one wants and as to wear the gear shift is it is perfect for quick changes,Have you been to the civic type r owners site if not i would have a look as it is full of many coments plus rants ours have been back to the dealers twice for paint work it is the milky problem with the plastic they put on for despatch when they take it of it can affect the paint so check your,s when you get it otherwise have fun :D as it is a mean beast to loose one,s temper with and it will kick you in the but if you allow it

good luck m8 :thumbsup:

whatever cts is a better car than the ctr full stop if i want a racing like car for the road i go buy a turbo car AND I DID

you can make a cts more racing like but can you make a ctr more comfortable i doult it

Hi nick

Well I'm with you mate. I like the civic type r and i think that it's a better car to tune at the end of the day with endless tuning part available. Also the civic does look more sportier than the corolla. Dont get me wrong i like the corolla t sport as well but I'm thinking of the tuning ability you have got over the corolla. No need for lowering springs as the civic looks the part already. 17" alloy already standard.

I only hope if you are at a meet m8 take us for a spin in it m8 :thumbsup: At the end of the day they are both Japanese motors. And in my eyes they are both cool cars :yes:

jerry!!

whatever cts is a better car than the ctr full stop if i want a racing like car for the road i go buy a turbo car AND I DID

you can make a cts more racing like but can you make a ctr more comfortable i doult it

Sorry I don’t understand why a race bred road car has to have a Turbocharger that does not make any sense at all. I prefer normally aspirated engines myself and I don’t think there is a better engine to tune than the Honda 2.0 I-Vtec there are just so many after market parts of it its unreal.

I don’t know to much about the MR2 R3 turbo`s but I think they are pushing around 240BHP, a friend of mind has got his N/A Civic running a 235BHP with JDM throttle bodies, Hondata Chip, full Spoon exhaust system and De-Cat the car is so quick!

At the end of the day I not interested in comfort or I would be buying a Mercedes having said that the Type-R in not exactly bone breaking to drive either! At the end of the day I don’t have a bad word on the Corolla it been a great car just that I know I will have more fun in the Civic.

Hi nick

Well I'm with you mate. I like the civic type r and i think that it's a better car to tune at the end of the day with endless tuning part available. Also the civic does look more sportier than the corolla. Dont get me wrong i like the corolla t sport as well but I'm thinking of the tuning ability you have got over the corolla. No need for lowering springs as the civic looks the part already. 17" alloy already standard.

I only hope if you are at a meet m8 take us for a spin in it m8 :thumbsup: At the end of the day they are both Japanese motors. And in my eyes they are both cool cars :yes:

jerry!!

Hi Jerry

Thanks for reassuring me on making the right choice buddy, I have been mulling this over for the past 2 months and now it is finally going to happen. As long it all right I shall bring it along to one of the meets and take you for a run out, I might have to glue a Toyota Badge on it!

Nick

what's the problem t128? he's going for a type r because it's more of a 'racing' package. Even if you disagree, it's his money and his opinion.

Also I have to agree with Nick here, the type r doesn't shake your brain around inside your skull, ala subaru STi.

And just to be argumentative, i'd question whether or not you could make the type r a more comfortable drive; all you'd need to do is fit some wallowy CTS type suspension!

Good luck with the new car Nick, you've obviously put a lot of thought into the matter. :thumbsup:

post us some piccies when you get the new beast, i reckon they are drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!! oh no i feel a song coming on................ :lol:

Hi Guys,

I put my T-Sport Corolla up for sale today it was quite emotional to say the least! I have really enjoy owning Toyotas for the last two years I have had fun from both the Yaris TS and the Corolla TS but I have decided to buy a new 04 Honda Civic Type - R. I placed the order on Saturday and now waiting for June for my new baby to arrive, I cant wait!

I got a smashing deal from my local dealer so there really was not much to think about, I just hope it will be as much fun to own as the both of my Toyotas. I shall still be around on the forums and I will post pics of my new toy as soon as it turns up.

Nick

04 Civic Type - R On Order B)

Don't want to put a dampner on things, but:

I've heard (not saying it's true), apparently the Civic Sport has an identical engine to the Type-R, but doesn't have the same kit and wheels on it! It's also a grand cheaper!

No the Sport has a total different engine to the Type R only thing the same is the Badge! :lol:

1.6 Sport VTEC

BHP: 110BHP

Top Speed: 116MPH

0-62 MPH: 10.6 secs

2.0 Type-R i-VTEC

BHP: 200BHP

Top Speed: 146MPH

0-62 MPH: 6.6 secs

2.0 Type-R i-VTEC

BHP: 200BHP

Top Speed: 146MPH

0-62 MPH: 6.6 secs

I did not think they where that slow :( Go get your self an import Civic type R ek9

BHP: 197HP

Top Speed: 145MPH

0-62 MPH: 5.7 secs

they are quite rare and very very quick :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those figures are from honda.co.uk, I am having a Hondata piggy back ECU unit fitted to the car shortly after picking it up and also looking in a Spoon exhaust and de-cat which will bring the 0-62 time down to under 6sec!

JDM throttle bodies will be next and Spoon brake calipers, those part will make a huge difference!

Those figures are from honda.co.uk, I am having a Hondata piggy back ECU unit fitted to the car shortly after picking it up and also looking in a Spoon exhaust and de-cat which will bring the 0-62 time down to under 6sec!

JDM throttle bodies will be next and Spoon brake calipers, those part will make a huge difference!

:eek: chirst how much is that lot going to set you back mate :eek: new car and all those mods 18-20k???

Why not just buy a p1 or something if you are going to spend that kinda money mate buy a quick car in standard form!!!!! I am not knocking the civic dont get me wrong I love civic type r new and old!!!

Its True

The older shape Civic Type-R was a quicker car, but maybe that was due to the lighter weight? Its questionable whether the new Civic Type-R deserves the 'R' Badge, since the whole point was that these came totally stripped of creature comforts. The first generation Civic Type-R's were never officially imported into the UK, alot like the Integra's. These came with virtually no spec, no electric windows, central locking, radio or even rear wiper! However, these were real Type-R's.

Having said that, thats the reason I would not buy one of those older Civic Type-R's, I like electric windows and central locking!

I was dissapointed when the CTS emerged, it just looked like another standard Corolla, Toyota have alot to learn if they want to dress a sporty Corolla properly. Maybe take a glance at the New Civic Type-R, now thats how its done - stunning to look at. Just make sure its black!

Nick - did you not look at the new Integra's? I have to admit that they are another breed from the Civic. New Era Imports had a fantastic new one, all kitted and modded up for £18k - bargain - didnt stay still for more than a couple of days until it was snapped up.

I dont know if the CTR or CTS is the better car, although I do think the CTS has the edge in the engine stakes. Honda is massive in the USA, that is why there are so many tuning parts out there to be bought for one of these. However, the !Removed! have only just started to exploit the CTS powerplant and there is much more to come. The new Lotus Elise is now also powered by the new CTS engine. There are also tons of Supercharger and Turbo kits on the way for the CTS powerplant. I believe the CTS powerplant can easily handle much more power should you want to exploit it.

I have to also point out the the CTS ECU is also very flexible, I managed to extract 8 bhp more by tweaking the fuel maps on one of these by flashing the ECU via the OBD-II port using a CAN-BUS interface.

There are lots of CTR's on the UK roads, and I have noticed that the CTS is becoming much more popular, there is definately more on the road from last year.

Given the choice for the money, it would be hard for me to decide upon the CTS and CTR, they are both good choices. The only difference is, I would not need to spend a penny on the CTR to make it 'my' drivers car. The CTS would definately need to be sported up, and lowered straight away, and those awful 16" alloys!

I think you should go for it Nick, let us have some real constructive critism of these two cars, you are the ideal candidate to do it.

Nad

The insurance would kill me if I bought an Evo or an Impreza I just couldn’t do it! I know the Civic is not cheap to insure at group 17 but I also need to just get it out of my system!

The insurance would kill me if I bought an Evo or an Impreza I just couldn’t do it!

good point :lol::lol:

I did see a civic with 260bhp at brands hatch that was very very fast giving the skylines a run for there money but it did cost 23k ito make it that fast :eek::eek::eek:

HKS_TC_Corolla_GTi good point about the lotus that new exige is awesome 0-62 4.9 sec wow

oh yeah what about a supercharged celica ;) not bad for 13k

MAGM010004586.jpg

Sorry I just have to have one of these Andy, you know how it is  :lol:

:lol::lol: No probs :thumbsup::thumbsup:

this is that very very quick civic I was talking about :thumbsup:

DSCF0017.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links