Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Sunroof/moonroof

MBD

I have a 2008 57 plate SR180, bought at 14 months old and has full Toyota service history. Other day sunroof failed to close from open. Was due at ante natal appointment with my wife so was on the spot and had no choice but to pull the sunroof forward whilst pressing the close button to secure the car!

I'll have a go at fixing most things but suspect this is not for the feint hearted, worried about disturbing curtain airbags when taking headliner out. Anybody had any problems with their sunroof and any joy with Toyota Customer Services? Clearly out of warranty but to me something you use once in a blue moon given our weather and should not break at 4 years 3 months!

i got a new brake caliper out of toyota customer services one year ot of warranty with a full main dealer service history so same age as yours, so i dont see why they wont pay for your sunroof fixing, contact them you have nothing to loose !

one thing i would say is maybe best for you to contact them yourself as my local dealer didnt think toyota would pay for my caliper replacing, how wrong they were. i wouldnt mention that you got ham fisted with it to force it shut though ! good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links