Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Start Button Install

simony9

ok guys i have a 1.33 tr and fancy fitting an ignition start button .

Seen them on eBay but not sure if you can use them on the car .

any advise from anyone out there

a starter button can be wired on any car i think. you need to identify the starter wire at your ignition switch using a test lamp.it should be lit as you operate the starter and go out as you release the key.make sure you are in neutral before you try this.

remove this wire from the ignition switch and run it to the new starter button,extending it if needed with wire of equal thickness. you must then run a positive wire from the permanent live supply to your ignition switch to the other side of the starter button. the connection at the ignition switch should be soldered and well insulated .

this should get you up and running but i'v not done this on an Auris so double check you connections and wiring before starting and if in any doubt seek professional advice

...And anyone will be able to start your car without using key? :o

I don't think you will as without your key being in the ignition the immobiliser will be active and there will be no power to the ecu or to stop the starter being operated with the car in gear take the live feed from the switched live at the ignition switch.

Exactly. The Immobiliser will need the key in the ignition in order to deactivate and allow the car to start, so it's just as secure with Push button start, as it is on the key.

However, the key being in the ignition does make the push button start look a bit of a waste of time IMO.

the key being in the ignition does make the push button start look a bit of a waste of time IMO.

This is what I was thinking of. Why install a start button when you need to enter the key anyway? I thought that maybe you forgot to mention about converting normal key to distance control key, or then you were thinking that there's no need for the key at all.

Maybe there is a way to make the key work like on cars with factory installed button?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links