Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scion Iq Passenger Seat Storage

elt96jlm

Hi

Does anyoe knw if the storage tray under the passenger seat fitted on Scion IQ can be fitted to the Toyota IQ?

It would be a great retro fit imo!

Best regards

Jon

Hi Jon, Not sure about that one. I do know there are wires under the passenger seat in our iQ 1.0 (below the iQ2). However, if those wires could be somehow 'put out of the way' it might work. I guess it depends on what fitting you have to install underneath it to get the tray to stay secure like in the Scion.

Can't help on the fitment question but the tray is just a flimsy formed plastic tray that doesn't slide in or out worth spit. We do keep the owners book, registration and socket for the secure lugnut in it but not really usable for anything else. Good idea but poorly executed as a last minute item because of an air bag added where the U.K. storage bag was snapped on.

I have to agree with John, it's not much use at all. And as far as sliding easily, that's not happening. You have to tug on it, really cheaply made.

From a tecnical point of view. There is a stand off bracket roughly in the center It holds large connectors for the airbag, sensing pad for passenger, and switch cable for the seat belt clip. It would be a lot of work to move them and if i wanted different seats and they got in the way i would move them. They are colour coded and of different shapes so you cant make a mistake if you un clip them. To mowe them you would have to cut off both sides of the connectors, solder and sleeve extentions to the wires and find your own style of connectors to use so you can remove the seat if needed in the future. You could i suppose use the original connectors if you either was able to dissassemble them and re- use the pins or cut then off in such a way leaving short cables to solder and sleeve to. A lot of work for a tray.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links