Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Filter Size For Iq

craggle

Just been back out to the car to have a play and decided to take a look at the filter again. I removed the whole airbox cover this time by undoing the pipe clip and unplugging the airflow meter cable and cable clamp.

Once you have the cover out the car I noticed that the filter doesn't sit perfectly on the sealing lip and kind of rocks about. There are also some big plastic guides inside the half of the box still attached to the car that interfere with the filter fitting properly.

I then tried the filter the other way over and the groove around the filter fits perfectly on the lip in the cover and the whole assembly can then be lowered back into the car and clipped into place. It fits perfectly that way around although the square corner on the filter is in the wrong corner when compared with the original but that doesn't seem to cause any issues.

I'm pretty convinced it is now fitted and sealed properly but if you try it with the square corner in the same place as the original, I think it won't seal properly. Only other thing is off course the flow is now reversed but I can't see anything on the packaging that suggests they should only have air flow in one direction?

I'll let you know how it goes sometime and if performance has been dramatically increased. :).

Craig.

Hi Craig

Try to do a good comparason. I removed my K&N filter because it badly hindered my pulling away for round-a-bouts. And where i thought i was gaining at the top end, having put my original one in it performs tje same taling me well over 100 ( track of course). It maybe a better constructed filter but is it giving you true performance gain? Or as George points out , the ECU sorts it all out

David

Well done Tim, excellent service as always ;)

I dont have the replacement air filter, but I do have a Blitz SUS indution kit which I have been very pleased with, I have had it fitted on the car for the past two and a half years.

Hi sally

Is the Blitz similar concept to the K&N? If so does it not impeed standing start acceleration? Mine is auto so maybe induction is not much of a benefit. Seems ok in the 4.5k rev band

David

From what I remember, I think the K&N sits quite far down in the engine bay, mine is near the top. Never had any problems with so far. Standing start accelaration seems to be normal, but Ive had the induction kit for so long, I wouldnt be able to tell you what it was like standard! Here is a pic of mine when it was first fitted, back in January 2010! -

SDC16241.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Summing up once again, through Craigs assistance we can now confirm that the Blitz 59554 LM panel filter fit's both the 1.0 and 1.33 litre iQ's.

Great to see your iQ is still going strong Sally, will be great to see how Jas gets on with it at the next TSS round. :D

The 26170 SUS induction kit you have only fits the 1.0 model.

We have this in stock, along with the 56170 LM induction kit and 42170 Advance Power induction kit.

Blitz Japan actually developed a turbo kit for the 1.0, but due to the release of the 1.33 litre model and unexpected poor sales of the iQ in Japan, it was never put into production.

Despite pressure from us to produce induction kits, exhausts etc for the 1.33 litre models, sadly Blitz Japan didn't think there was enough of a market to make it viable. :(

Sad news that Blitz have made that decision, but the car market out there is different out there. Maybe a UK based company could look at the tuning market and come up with some bits? We do after all have some fine manufacturers here in the UK. ;)

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links