Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1987 Corolla Gt Ae86

gt1230

Hi, I bought this car yesterday. It belonged to an old man who recently passed away. He appears to have cherished this car,it had been stored ln his garage for some time. My problem is i have know way of telling whether it has been converted to run on unleaded fuel,or can these cars run on either? I would be grateful if someone could tell me.

Many Thanks Gus.

Have owned several corolla's and always ran them on UL so yes it should be ok to run on unleaded fuel.

Rash

just to confirm, they were setup for unleaded from the factory (although it can be ran fine on 4*), so there's no conversions needed.

Now, give us some info about the car! :thumbsup:

LOL i run mine old thing on unleaded, so im sure your fine, with any version of the 4AG :thumbsup:

Hi mate,

easy way to tell.....ring up a good toyota spares shop and give them the chassy No.

they will be able to tell you wether or not it was built with hard or soft valve housings. the softer ones were used for cars that only were ment to run on the old 4* fuel because the lead in the fuel caused a hard lining around the valve so the original seal had to be slightly flexable. the others used the hard seal cus of the lack of lead in the fuel.

the last toyota i new that was built with the soft seals was a MKI Celci Supra (1978)

so you should be ok (but worth checking) :thumbsup:

The earlier bluetop 4AGE's can be run on unleaded no probs but it is a good idea to !Removed! the timing to about 8 degrees (from 10 BTDC) to cope with the reduction from 98 RON to 95 RON.

This is easy to do, just make sure the TE1 and E1 terminals are joined before fettling the timing. If you don't know what I'm on about, take it down the garage and tell them to do it (30mins labour tops).

Congratulations on the AE86 purchase! Whereabouts are ya and where d'ya get it?

Anything you need to know for the AE86, just ask. I've had them for years and am a little obsessed...

HI, Thanks for all your replies to my unleaded question. A number of members wanted to know details of this car. I work for a house clearance company and was offered this car as its elderly owner had recently passed away. He had bought the car new,it had been garaged and very well looked after. It has almost done 34,000 miles and is two tone red/black. It had not been used for a long time but once i put my car Battery on it started almost immediately.Having spent this bank holiday cleaning and polishing it now looks immaculate, there is no rust anywhere. The down sides are- rear exhaust box blown,aerial broken,n/s door mirror broken,scuffs on n/s front bumper and some tiny scuffs on wheel arch trim.I had initially bought this car for my son as he is learning to drive, i do however think this is far to good as a first car. I might well decide to sell this in the near future, if i do i will put a note on the club page.

Many Thanks, Kind Regards Gus.

please let me know if you interest to sell ur ae86, i m very interested, thanks, as i used to owned a 20V ae86 before :D

sam

lautll421@yahoo.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links