Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Your Help With Yaris Facia Adapter (ken.c?)

dannyb999

hey, ive got the yaris fascia adapter like ken c has and the autoleads double din converter. had my car in pieces and fingers in shreads trying to fit the damn thing. please please can someone tell me exactly how thiese things go together and are fitted in my yaris!

Many Thanks

Danny

HPIM1911.JPG

U need to remove the three selector switches (heat/air etc) there's two screws, remove these..

Wait... how far did u get?

HI

You need to remove the heater controls (just pull them off) ther are 2 screw hidden behind there! We then lifted the heater control panel off the radio surround. This then reveals 2 screws which also need undoing. Alo take out the ash tray and there are screws behind there aswell. *these are the ones used to support the autoleads convertor!) From memory the stereo panel should now unclip! Two clips at the bottom and a couple at the top.

Hope this helps

Ken

PS ive got other pictures ill post if a can figure out how to

well ive had the whole dashboard out already as ive had my stewreo fitted underneath the yaris cd player. so i can do all that. its just with the autoleads pack, there was so many different plastic bits and i wasnt sure if to use the ofiginal metal clips at side of stereo or the plastic ones?? how does the cigarette lighter come out of the existing fascia etc. it all seems far to complicated and the instructions i had with the item are pathetic!

HI

No you dont need any metal parts from the original stereo

The best way i can discribe the parts you need are two forked pieces with a slight angle to one leg. These screw into the back of the auto leads adaptor behind the cubby hole pointing down and are attached to the dash with the screws you took out near the ash tray (they use the screws in the auto leads kit to fix to the adaptor)

Its very difficult to descibe this! lol we struggled to figure it out for a while but then it became clear! Its very obvious when you do figure it out and youll laugh when others cannot figure it out! If you know what I mean.

C Ya

Ken

ok, got that part. know exactly what you mean, now what bits do i need to use to actually hold my stereo in place??

check the yaris how tos

its all there i would have thought

Sorry! my mistake. it says in the instructions to screw the stereo in and use brackets! nothign about using the original stero cage with my sony head unit! doh!!

who needs instructions eh?

well its all fitted now, just one more little thing, how does the cig lighter socket come out to re-fit in the new bracket! other than that im all done!

thank you ken!! and to the rest!

fascia.jpg

looks good, i have the same problem, where did u get ur fascia from, your local toyota dealer? and u need a connecter lead? do u need any thing else,

thanks

HI

T sport 03 do a search its all on the forum part numbers and everything

The cig lighter is a pain in the *****! Cannot remember exact but the black plastic bit clips into the metal part of the cig lighter! When u release that black plastic bit it all falls apart!

C Ya

Ken

you basically need 3 things:

1. Toyota Yaris Fascia Adapter - This is available from your local toyota dealer. Mine Cost £38 including Vat, part number is 55406-52010-B0

2. Autoleads Double Din converter - Mine was ordered from halford for £25 inc vat, part number for this is FP-11-03 (listed as Rav4 but will fit Yaris)

3 Autoleads ISO Conversion block from yaris wiring to standard iso connection. This was £12 including vat from Halfords, part number i cant remember, but its the toyota one (think it says will fit most toyotas on front of box)

if anyone needs help on fitting, me and ken.c have both got outs fiitted, just remember to use the metal cage on ur aftermarket stereo and dont try !Removed! it in like the yaris cd player, which is why i coudlnt get mine to fit!! doh!

oh and a big thanks to ken.c for helping me out, much appriciated!

Danny

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm thinking of putting in a Kenwood Minidisc with a cd slave which are both dash mounted and single DIN. Would I be able to fit them both using the double DIN fascia? Does Toyota do the double DIN thing for the facelifted Yaris?

Cheers

• 8 years later...

Bit of a blast from the past in reviving this thread, but can anyone tell me what happens to the original upper display when fitting an aftermarket head unit? The display which shows temperature, radio station, time etc.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links