Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Keys

brian hey

Hi there.

I came across the Toyota Owners Club when surfing the net looking for a solution to my lost key problem!

I have a 1998 Avensis currently parked in Blackpool and am unable to get into it and move it as I've lost the only key we had. Should have had a spare key made when I had chance, I know.

Checking with main dealers i'm being told it will cost me around £900 to get new keys and replacement ECU, and I will also have to arrange for the car to be recovered to the dealers premises. Thats more than the old car is worth.

I rang a couple of local locksmiths and as soon as mentioned its a Toyota Avensis they wouldn't touch it.

I'm faced with having to scrap a perfectly good car unless I can find a cheaper way of getting new keys.

I'm sure this situation must have cropped up before. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Brian Hey

Update.

Got a locksmith who will meet me at car, open it up, reprogramme ecu and provide two new keys. 350 quid. Ive taken him up on that to get it sorted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links