Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

City Bug Alert

cochranegavin

Just bought replacement front Speakers and connections from city bug for my Aygo Fire. The connections don't fit the car and City bug told me that they didn't think there were suitable connectors on the market for my car. Cant say I am impressed, so please don't fall for the same trap as I did.

Rather than the Speakers be a total waste I have considered connecting them to the unused outputs on the rear of the head unit as I have heard about this from this site. How do I connect the wires to the head unit, it all looks very fiddly, is there an easy way to do this?

Sorry to hear about what happened, Cochranegavin. The City Bug store has the CORRECT adapters but they are for the OLDER models. They Aygo Fire has new/different Speakers. Unfortunatley if you had done your research you would have found on the forum just further down there is an exact topic on what you have posted. Here it is:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137269

Also the City Bug store are selling the adapters for £5.99. eBay are selling them for £1.89. Remember to do your research first.

Sorry to hear about what happened, Cochranegavin. The City Bug store has the CORRECT adapters but they are for the OLDER models. They Aygo Fire has new/different speakers. Unfortunatley if you had done your research you would have found on the forum just further down there is an exact topic on what you have posted. Here it is:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137269

Also the City Bug store are selling the adapters for £5.99. Ebay are selling them for £1.89. Remember to do your research first.

Thanks very much for the heads up, do you know the adapter number ?

"Thanks very much for the heads up, do you know the adapter number ?"

By jings! Do you want me to drive your car and fit them for you? No, sorry I dont know the part numbers as I dont drive an Aygo Fire. I merely pointed out that you should do your research first before buying any part.which you didnt do in the first instance and then blamed City Bug store for supplying you the wrong parts!

I then sent you a link showing its a different speaker set up and your asking for a part number. Time to do some investigation for yourself and behalf of the club.

I found out about my speaker arrangment by taking apart the dashboard Speakers myself. Its time for you like I mentioned in my previous post to do some research for yourself. I wouldnt relay on the "internets" opinion as not everyone is right on the net as the have their own opinions.

Now, good luck and let us know how it goes.

"Thanks very much for the heads up, do you know the adapter number ?"

By jings! Do you want me to drive your car and fit them for you? No, sorry I dont know the part numbers as I dont drive an Aygo Fire. I merely pointed out that you should do your research first before buying any part.which you didnt do in the first instance and then blamed City Bug store for supplying you the wrong parts!

I then sent you a link showing its a different speaker set up and your asking for a part number. Time to do some investigation for yourself and behalf of the club.

I found out about my speaker arrangment by taking apart the dashboard speakers myself. Its time for you like I mentioned in my previous post to do some research for yourself. I wouldnt relay on the "internets" opinion as not everyone is right on the net as the have their own opinions.

Now, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok first of all I approached the forum with the best of intentions and asked for help. I have done this with other owners clubs and received the help and knowledge that was shared by the club..In a kind of we we are a club lets help our members out sort of thing. You have made me feel belittled, embarrassed and humiliated.(do your research), all that was missing was ,do your research STUPID. .

You tell me that there are parts that I need available but you wont tell me what they are as I "should do my own research". Well I mistakenly asked for help from the car club that is attached to the car I drive and all I received was abuse. So thanks for not a lot, This is me letting you know how it goes. I shall not be attempting to do anything to my car as I am clearly to stupid to even attempt any type of modification..

Lets all calm down, it can be frustrating when things do not pan out well but he did offer you advice, links and prices.

You will find that this forum has an odd sense of humour but they are mostly fine fellows that will help when needed but you do need to take responsibility for your own research then ask once you have made an informed decision.

Don't let a moments frustration put you off the club and loose all that experience.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links