Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Lock Question

pstones578

Any one know if the doors of my Yaris will unlock on their own if I crash the car. Someone today reckoned it was a bad idea that I lock my doors in case I have a crash. I reckon it's a good idea so I don't get car-jacked.

as long as you are still consious you can open the doors through the door locks if the car electrics fail..

If your not consious im sure the people who help will smash a window, instead of just staring at you through the glass! :lol:

my alarm has anti-hijack on it and locks up as soon as the engine hits 2.5k for the first time or 20mph!

an i ve got security film on the windows.........

i hope the sunroof still opens?

probably srewed then!

I lock mine too - I don't trust people! My Dad said the same thing about locking them to me a few days ago, but I feel safer that way.

I must admit I don't like locking my doors but I do if I'm going through a dodgy area where I don't feel safe or if it's late at night and I have to stop at traffic lights etc, but if I'm driving down the motorway I never lock the doors in case I swerve off the road go down an embankment and land up in a river or lake and have to get out of the car before I sink to the bottom of the lake (sorry got a bit carried away there !!! :lol: I laugh but it's actually true in my head that's exactly what I think :wacko: )

Kaz

Kaz you need to watch more top gear. When your in the lake unless really quick you have to wait till hit the bottom and pressure equalises otherwise can't open the door.

Just in case you ever need to know. :)

is there away to only open the drivers door with the fob, instead of openening all the doors?

I always lock my doors, i know a mate who was stopped in traffic and a guy walked past, opened the door grabbed her handbag which was on the floor of the passenger side and ran off!!! she was stuck in traffic so nothing she could do!!

:(

Well when I had my accident in Jan in my Matiz I was soo glad I didnt lock the doors as when the car tipped over all the electrics cut out and because the car ended up on its passenger side, even with the doors unlocked the sheer weight of them meant I couldnt get out!

Luckily some people stopped to help me and it took 3 blokes to open the door, then 2 to hold it open and one helped me out

Its a scary though, but like Ms Speed says, its always best to lock them as you could easily be car-jacked or have your bag stolen....

I always lock my doors in Coventry - scum capitol of the world that is! :D

Well when I had my accident in Jan in my Matiz I was soo glad I didnt lock the doors as when the car tipped over all the electrics cut out and because the car ended up on its passenger side, even with the doors unlocked the sheer weight of them meant I couldnt get out!

Luckily some people stopped to help me and it took 3 blokes to open the door, then 2 to hold it open and one helped me out

Its a scary though, but like Ms Speed says, its always best to lock them as you could easily be car-jacked or have your bag stolen....

I always lock my doors in Coventry - scum capitol of the world that is!  :D

isnt that the car that isnt event a 1 litre?

Manchester is worse, we've got Salford Skallies

I always lock my doors in Coventry - scum capitol of the world that is!  :D

isnt that the car that isnt event a 1 litre?

Manchester is worse, we've got Salford Skallies

Nope, my ickle Matiz was an 800cc! You'd never tell though - it was quite nippy, but for a 1st car it was great - cheap as you like! :D

For a tiny car though, bearing in mind it hit concrete, stayed in one piece at least and took the brunt of the crash - I got out with bruises, car was nearly a write off!

But it got fixed eventually and sold to someone else as it was away at the garage for almost 2 months and I needed a new car so I bought my Yaris, and the rest as they say, is history! :thumbsup:

Kaz you need to watch more top gear. When your in the lake unless really quick you have to wait till hit the bottom and pressure equalises otherwise can't open the door.

Just in case you ever need to know.

I watched 5th gear the other night when they had the old renault espace verus the new Renault espace - My husband has a VERY old and tatty Renault espace and after I watched that I freaked and told him I'm never getting in his one again !!!

Also the one where they had all the goods in the car and how they can Kill you in an accident I've now got obsessed with making sure my passengers belt up and I go mental if my elderly Mum won't let me put her walking sticks in the boot ! :eek:

Do you think I'm a bit paranoid !

Kaz :D :D :D

Back to the orginal question....i think most cars these days unlock themselves in the event of any air bag going off as the locks are on the air bag circuit aswell.

Well thats what happened in my mondeo as i had to get it reset once it was fixed!

walking stick wouldn't do much uless point bit stuck in you. Thing is heavy stuff can come flying through the seats and yaris back seats don't seem to have any hard material in them.

i always lock the doors because some1 has already tried to nick my car, and i live rite nxt to coventry and yes its full of scum!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links