Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For Sale - Induction Kit

corollasr

sadly, due to the insurance company not allowing me to insure my induction kit for a fair price i have decided to sell it.

it has come off my 98 corolla sr 1.6 (4a-fe). it is an OBX filter and comes with the a metal pipe which allows for the all important airflow meter to be fitted.

i have done about 50 miles on this kit, which i bought a few months ago so it is 'like new'. it is quiet below 2000rpm but above that it is quite noisy, but not stupidly loud.it is clean and indamaged. it is a red filter with silver end.

it also gives proven power gains of 6bhp, as i have had the car rolling roaded to show this, although i cannot find the graph

seeing as this cost me £100 a few months ago i will sell it for £70 + postage.

cheers

ed

Hi Ed

Oh well you can still modify the air box then. By drilling large hole's into the bottom and fitting a panel filter like a K&N. You will still get the induction roar and with the performance filter you should get a bit more BHP :thumbsup:

jerry!!

jerry,

thats my new plan. will be sorting it out next week. car feels so much more responsive with the filter. hopefully the element and drilling will help more

ed

kev - u need to measure the width of the inlet piping. i'll go measure mine and hopefully that'll work

ed

well i cant realy sell it without the pipe as then it wont be any use to anybody

ed

Yea - just wanted to see it for reference. ;)

did u tell the insurance that u had a induction kit in it? or does ur insurance have to come round and look at the car? strange.

Yea, you just tell the insururer normally. Depending on the insurer some have no problem with most mods, yet some do :angry: . You must notify them just incase you need to claim from them, and whe they do inspect your car after a claim and find any modifications, they can refuse to give you money for the claim since you didnt tell them about the modifications.

How much did you pay for that filter again mate??? it's not the one from tune a car is it??

97paseo I will get you a picture of the pipe tonight it costs 11 quid from tune a car :thumbsup:

knowlson - yes, its the one from tuneacar. think he ripped me off on. 97 quid for an induction kit plus postage. from the insurance point of view, ADMIRAL wanted 75 quid extra, so decided to keep it on anyway, but seeing as my dad pays the insurance, and he found out, i cant really have it on

i drilled my airbox today anyway so i've got the roar back, and will now buy a erformance panel filter to go in the airbox.

97paseo I will get you a picture of the pipe tonight it costs 11 quid from tune a car  :thumbsup:

Cheers. :) In theory that should fit mine, I wonder if the Green filter will bolt on the end? Might be in business if it does. :thumbsup:

see attachment. you just clamp one end to the filter and the other to the inlet

hope that helps

ed

post-50-1082976384.jpg

That pic doesn't work.... <_<

Might have to get one of you guys to measure it for me, the end that goes into the car should be ok as my current kit fits the Corolla as well as Paseo, but the other end might not work with my Green filter....

the pipe is 2.5 inches diameter at both ends. the length of the pipe is 4 inches and the air temp sensor thing is about half way down

ed

yes, its the one from tuneacar. think he ripped me off on. 97 quid for an induction kit plus postage.

Mine cost me 45 quid :eek::eek:

see attachment. you just clamp one end to the filter and the other to the inlet

hope that helps

ed

Could u PM me that pic?

thanks!

firebreather, are you interested in the whole thing as i will email a pic of the filter aswell if you want. will have to send by email as the file is too big

ed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links