Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jetseal Question

paulmel

Hi,

I know Jetseal 109 has been used on alloy wheels as previously mentioned, among others, by Charlie Farlie before, but is it suitable for the car's bodywork ?

Have just cleaned my new white Rav, covered in birds**t that had clearly been eating ink or some sort of permanent marker (!!!!) and wondered if my bottle of soon-to-be-delivered jetseal would be any good at giving it a protective coating to hopefully help against the future deposits !

Thanks, Paul.

Jet Seal is ok for paintwork if a bit old fashioned now, there are many far superior sealants now.

I'm not a fan of sealants for paintwork.. Use a good quality wax with superior durability like Colinite 476S ...

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

We also have a problem with the birds where we live.. especially this time of year when they are nesting..

Got fed up with cleaning the bird cr*p of the car, so I bought a full car cover for it, mainly to use April/May..

Fuuny enough they don't seem to cr*p on the cover !

We also use Colinite 476S, which we find easy to apply/remove, and gives very good durability. But atm we are trying collinite 915 marque d'elegance, but finding that slightly harder to remove than 476s

HTH

Did mine yesterday. First day of good weather. Jetseal on the wheels, wax on the body.

The trick with 476S and 915 is to apply to a small area at a time.. Say half the bonnet or one door then remove very quickly !

None of the colinite waxes need to cure !

Jetseal along with quite a few sealants need time to cure typically 15 minutes but collinite does not need this curing time and the longer its one the panel the harder it is to remove...

But just use a damp microfibre to remove and all will be fine....

Another way of making it easy is to warm the wax by dropping the tin (With lid on) into a bucket or bowl of warm water as this will soften the enzymes in the wax and help with its fluidity and will be just so easy to apply.. Also apply with a damp microfibre if things are still tough.. Applying or removing with a damp cloth will not dilute the wax or reduce its fantastic durability in any way !!

I now use Only colinite as a wheel sealant.. Its just awesome for this as after all our wheels are just another painted surface and Colinite has the greatest durability of any wax I have or have ever used and that's quite a few !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We use 476S on the rav and focus ST,got to agree its the best wax out there :D

Hi,

Have just washed my car for the first time since applying Jetseal to the wheels and Colinite to the bodywork.

The wheels cleaned up a bit easier, not massively impressed to be honest but what blew me away was the ease with which the bodywork cleaned up.

WOW

The dirt simply fell away with the water from the hosepipe !

Wished I'd used it years ago.

Can anyone tell me realistically how often it needs to be re-applied ?

Thanks

• Like 1

Springtime after a good claying session and autumn in preparation for winter, and any amount of times in between depending on how much you want to compete with Popeye's arms........twice a year is fine imiho.

There are also some good detailing misty spray doodahs that help to keep up the shine and protection, but more importantly help keep away the ugly water marks that occur if car not dried properly, which is down to you.....just dinnae use a chamois (its hooves will scratch yer paintwork.......).These sprays are good to use whilst car still damp / water beaded.

Big Kev

Same as Big Kev.. Spring & Autumn / body & wheels..

Also use masking tape to protect black plastic trim when applying...

HTH.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links