Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 08 2.0 4D4 T3-S Mpg

mastereagle

hi all,

i am just a little curious of my avensis mpg average. i have this car now for about 14 months. it had only 1 owner from new ( older gentleman ) and on the mpg it said 53.5 when i picked the car up.

well now 2 oil changes, 1 fuel filter later and 14k miles more it shows 42.8.

i would say that i do 60% short distance and 40% motorway

now my question is this a good average or is it a bit low???? (and i am not speeding all the time, conservative driver i'd say i am)

feel free to comment

regards

I'd say that's about right, altho our 2.0 TDi CR 140 is showing 51mpg with similar driving, my 2.2 lexus IS is showing mid 30s

I'd say that's about right, altho our 2.0 TDi CR 140 is showing 51mpg with similar driving, my 2.2 lexus IS is showing mid 30s

ok thx for that.

i will have an oil change and will reset the meters and see if there is any dif.

cheers

It certainly seems a plausible figure - really depends upon the routes that you are driving & your driving style. Some will get more, some will get less.

Lower viscosity oils may eek out a few extra MPG too

Kingo :thumbsup:

From what Iv been told, the onboard computer is always out by a few miles.

Try not to depend on that and work it out yourself by monitoring how many miles you get from a tank and converting it into gallons.

Still, 42mpg sounds about right.

With your oil change, Id recommend changing your diesel filter. That should help.

From what Iv been told, the onboard computer is always out by a few miles.

Try not to depend on that and work it out yourself by monitoring how many miles you get from a tank and converting it into gallons.

Still, 42mpg sounds about right.

With your oil change, Id recommend changing your diesel filter. That should help.

i just change it about a month ago when popped into toyota and they said i had old filter, and said that the one i had is too good. meaning it filtered too much.

so i did change it.

so i am gone put 5w-30. thats ok isnt?

• Like 1

Quality tyres at the correct pressures are you friend in mpg land. Traffic lights are you enemy.

Quality tyres at the correct pressures are you friend in mpg land. Traffic lights are you enemy.

in fact i put 2 new ones in front today

cost me a dollar £270 for 2 :disgust:

so i am gone put 5w-30. thats ok isnt?

Yes, no problem

£270, ouch. What tyre is that?

bfgoodrich

i wanted Pirelli but even more expensive.

i was gone put budget tyres, but in 14 months and 15k miles since brand new budget tyres front. so will see if a mid range tyre will last longer.

£270, ouch. What tyre is that?

druid,

what tyre size do u have in your avensis???

I'm running Bridgestone T001s all round. 205/55/16V. £293 for 4 fitted - hence my ouch comment. They have actually improved my mpg by about 10%. I was getting about 35k miles from a set of 4 ER500s (the predecessor to T001s) by rotating them from to rear a few times to even out the wear and driving a bit carefully.

I'm running Bridgestone T001s all round. 205/55/16V. £293 for 4 fitted - hence my ouch comment. They have actually improved my mpg by about 10%. I was getting about 35k miles from a set of 4 ER500s (the predecessor to T001s) by rotating them from to rear a few times to even out the wear and driving a bit carefully.

well that is very good but my wheel size a little different from yours,

mine are 215/50/17v

and everywhere i go they say these are a rare size.

what can i do.

i think when the rears need changing will put near new ones for much less half price.

thx for that anyway.

ps need to change car to have cheaper tyres.. lol

and why do i have different size in my avensis????

The original owner probably had them fitted as an option when it was new. Unfortunately you get the pleasure of paying for the tyres now - and that size isn't cheap. Mind you the 17 inch rims do make the car look a lot smarter. A lot.

Have you tried black circles.com and that sort of thing? The other way might be to pick up some after market 16 inch wheels but they are going to set you back approx. £400 so you will need to use a lot of tyres to make your money back.

17 inch rims aren't so good for fuel economy either unfortunately. Ultimately the tyres are the only thing that controls your car so you are doing the right thing spending on decent tyres. Beware cheap ones on the rear - I know of a Police accident investigator who cited cheap rear tyres as a major contributory factor in a fatal crash. If you do any speed for any distance then good tyres are very much your friend.

The original owner probably had them fitted as an option when it was new. Unfortunately you get the pleasure of paying for the tyres now - and that size isn't cheap. Mind you the 17 inch rims do make the car look a lot smarter. A lot.

Have you tried black circles.com and that sort of thing? The other way might be to pick up some after market 16 inch wheels but they are going to set you back approx. £400 so you will need to use a lot of tyres to make your money back.

17 inch rims aren't so good for fuel economy either unfortunately. Ultimately the tyres are the only thing that controls your car so you are doing the right thing spending on decent tyres. Beware cheap ones on the rear - I know of a Police accident investigator who cited cheap rear tyres as a major contributory factor in a fatal crash. If you do any speed for any distance then good tyres are very much your friend.

the owner was an old boy so not sure if they came with the car originally.

anyway i have Goodyear at the rear and they will need replacing soon. i have tried black circles but not cheap there and i will not put cheap tires on my car anyway.

well i guess will keep shopping around .

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links