Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shorter Antenna For Verso

yasirmhm

Hi, I wonder if you have any thoughts on replacing the antenna for Verso with a shorter one, like this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=160889601666

I'm looking for this option as my garage roof is low & my car's antenna will rub against the inside of the hanging garage door during parking.

My concern is that these shorter antennas might not work with the DAB radio or will cause poor reception.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

You will probably have a DAB aerial built into one of the rear side windows. The 2010-2012 Auris has a shorter roof aerial, and I think that the previous Rav4 does as well. So it may be worthwhile popping into your supplying dealer and, if they have any of the above cars, trying the fit of the aerial masts. If either do fit, you could then order as fit.

The aerial mast just unscrews from the base, so it is only the mast that needs replacing.

Many thanks for your prompt reply, I will give it a go and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Hi, just to say that I have bought the shorter antenna online & fitted it today & the car parked nicely inside the garage. The radio function not affected at all. Many thanks for your advice.

post-95462-0-36262900-1374082656_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, all sorted due to cr-v shorter mast

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links