Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have I Lost The Plot, Or On To A Winner?

jaxx

Have i lost the plot, or on to a winner?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Have i lost the plot, or on to a winner?

• DO IT! Dare to be different!
    • No keep the original styling
    • Its not my bag but its your car
    • Yes you have lost the plot, go slap yourself with a wet haddock.

In my never ending quest to be 'different' and stray from the pack as it were, i have been having thoughts about the current styling routes of the Yarii.

Jogging my memory with a recent trip to the Axis Styling site has caused me to loose slepp so..................

Option is to ditch the 17's and go for the full on JDM stylee like the LoVitz Japanese Yaris crew, with little phat 15's and a rather tasty Axis ground hugging kit.

The alloys will be deffinately an aquired taste but i have never seen a Yaris in such guise in this country and doubt i ever will unless i build it! (Yes it is the split rim 4 spokers on the pic :wacko: )

See the pics below and lets see what ya think.

v42.jpg

v41.jpg

:thumbsup:

working on that one buddy!

Nice. Apart from that boot spoiler

agree, boot spoiler its no good

I admire anyone who wants to be different - go for it, as I think the smaller wheels suit the Yaris better, and would rock with nice wide tyres like in that photo - the Chinese and Japanese are on to a winner, and you'd definitely stand out in this country.

Pav :thumbsup:

spoilers defo a no-no! ill keep me veilside one!

so who has gone for the wet fish option!

I think your car looks great as is (I forwarded to product people as an example of what appeals to younger buyers). I like the blue cars too, but then I'm over 40 and it reminds me of rally Chevettes - probably not what you hoep for!

Scott

sorry to be a spoil sport rob... but i think that's apalling :o

it's just so 'cartoon japan - manga' .... plastic looking even :help:

even if you can source that kit and wheels it's going to cost a fair wedge to ship and fit it all..... and we both know you'll want a skyline in 6-12months anyway :thumbsup:

also.... would you be able to sell it with all that stuff on? a fair question i think...

sorry to be a spoil sport rob... but i think that's apalling :o

it's just so 'cartoon japan - manga' .... plastic looking even :help:

even if you can source that kit and wheels it's going to cost a fair wedge to ship and fit it all..... and we both know you'll want a skyline in 6-12months anyway :thumbsup:

also.... would you be able to sell it with all that stuff on? a fair question i think...

fair opinion buddy thats what i was asking for.

'cartoon japan - manga' - ummm well TBH i really like manga and anime style stuff, so it does appeal to me in that respect.

true it will be a bit tricky to get the bits across although there are a few damn fine contacts in my email address book who would be willing to help.

skyline ho-hum...........gotta keep dreamin for a bit im afraid, most insurance comps wont touch you until you hit 25 or just whack a massive premium on.

and honestly i never worry about selling a car :blink: i sell it in whatver way is most fit. in this cars current state i could have it swapped back to near std quite easily as i always keep all the std parts

alot of good opinions mate, but my nemesis is i crave to be different from anything......

I chose away and give urself a slap! I think that blue Yaris looks dreadful! Wot happened to all the talk of 18's or even 19's :eek: and the wide arches???

Now that would make u stand out! That Yaris is too euro style if u get me, dead low and tiny, rubbish wheels!

Just my opinion tho!

Cheers :thumbsup:

I would have to agree.

I think the kit ruins the car. Colour is ok, but it looks too "busy". Not sure about the holes in the front bumber either

Does anyone know where you can get the front spoiler.

I know it's from axis but they don't respond on email.

If i can get 1 i will put 4 angel eyes in it.

:P :P :P :P :bye:

I dunno...

I like the idea of fat 15inches. But I'm not sure I like those 15inch wheels. And that body kit is too OTT. Personally I like a minimumlist look. A clean and tidy look - but sporty too. Your current car looks great - all it needs is some finer adjustments. A subltle, but sporty bodykit and a nice zorst.

If you wanna go the wacky bodykit route - that is your choice. But personally I leave that to the 17yr old Nova's, Corsa's, and Astra's. They look sad, and 98% of drivers will have a natural hate towards you - they will flash you whenever you overtake, they won't let you into their lane, they won't let you out at a busy junction, etc, etc.. :)

You wanted an opinion...

dunno bout that too much but im no fan of stickers all ova a car and BIG spoilers(i mean ally ones)

I said haddock!

If you were starting from scratch then I would say to go for it (spoiler aside as you've said - made me think Citroen AX!), but you're car's spot-on as it is...

Good luck though,

A

Personally, I don't like it.

If I did like it..and I was going that way...it would be a show car..and not for day to day use. As within a week, you will have taken chunks out of the skirts and bumper, rock hard suspension will result in just about everything ratling and falling off within a year. Great for the Japan roads...absolutly cack for UK roads!

Ie..it won't look "good" for very long....and naturally some ****** will key it, as that's the mentality these days...better to be different....but not to stand out "too much"

My opinion from a practical point of view.

vipes

It looks OK, but it will attract a lot of unwanted attention. The Yaris is such a smooth looking car that anything OTT will spoil its good looks!

:o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links