Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignore / Sabotage The Dpf (I Am On Holiday)

frankiej

Hi,

This week I went on holiday. I was travelling by car from the Netherlands to Spain.

My Rav4 2.2 Dcat went in emergencymode two times (300 km's) and warned me with check motorsystem, vsc system and 4x4system. Last year it did so once, the dealer told me it means problems with the dpf.

Is it possible to ignore / sabotage the code or dpf simply to get home next week without emergency mode?

The dutch anwb told me I could try to remove the two little hoses beneath the frontwindow.

Please help me. Thanks a lot

Hi,

This week I went on holiday. I was travelling by car from the Netherlands to Spain.

My Rav4 2.2 Dcat went in emergencymode two times (300 km's) and warned me with check motorsystem, vsc system and 4x4system. Last year it did so once, the dealer told me it means problems with the dpf.

Is it possible to ignore / sabotage the code or dpf simply to get home next week without emergency mode?

The dutch anwb told me I could try to remove the two little hoses beneath the frontwindow.

Please help me. Thanks a lot

Hi Frank - welcome to TOC! I was faced with a not dissimilar problem last year ( before setting off for Holland! ) when I got water in one of the engine bay connectors. The way I coped with it was by using an OBD code reader to remove the stored codes until I got to the dealer. I'm guessing that you won't have one with you but they are fairly cheap to buy. If you accelerate gently you should be able to get a reasonable performance from the engine without it going into limp mode. Resetting is reasonably easy - you plug in the reader, start the engine and scroll through the menu to the area that allows you to remove stored fault codes. When you've done this the engine will in all likelyhood run normally for a period. That period is extended if you don't use all the engine performance. HTH and Good Luck!

Can you not disconnect the Battery for 30 mins to reset the codes? It may run rough, whilst it relearns it's running parameters when you start it afterwards.

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

Gus

There is a fuse you can pull to clear codes. I think it's labelled ECU, but a quick search should confirm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links