Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking At Buy An Sr180

paulh84

Hi all I've only recently joined the forum as I'm looking into buying a sr180, I have seen a few threads about the poor fuel economy and just wanted a bit of advice.

I currently drive 40 miles per day to work mainly on a-roads around 50 - 60 mph, I do like to put my foot down every now and then but don't drive foot to floor a great deal.

My main question is what rough mpg do you think I will achieve, and is the car as thirsty as some people say, I would be happy with 40mpg but not really 30 - 35mpg which would be a shame as the car ive seen is beautiful! Thanks to anyone who can help!

is that 40miles there and back or 40 just there?

I think you will probably get between 35 and 40 to the gallon. on long motorway runs I could get to early 40s(tracked by fuelly.com not the dash read out) Its not designed as an economical car, thats what the 1.4 and 2.0 are for.

Alex

It sounds as if your commute is very similar to mine & I get 43 MPG average, whilst filling up at around 440 mls. I never use 6th gear under 60 mph as it just clogs up the DPF & ends up with the engine puffing out smoke under regeneration cycles. I try to cruise at steady throttle whenever possible, but do overtake dawdlers too.

I have a 2.2 Lexus IS (same engine) but heavy big brute and I'd say mid 40s to early 50s are easily attainable with the kind of driving you are talking about. Just done a 250 mile trip in Europe with mine and averaged 44mpg. I certainly did not hang about with frequent bursts of strong acceleration - have to keep the dpf clean lol

Mine has been at 43 mpg for most of this year, I used to use 6th for over 50 mph but saw economy drop so use 5th up to 60 (the shift indicator shows no preference between 5-6th @ 50-60)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links