Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On 8Yr Warranty On Hybrid System

Funkyboy

Hi all,

I'm closing in on a gen 2 Prius. I believe the hybrid drive system is guaranteed for 8yrs. My question is does the car need a full service history for this this to be valid? The ones I'm looking at are all at main dealers but some of them have the odd service missing to make things more confusing I get different answers from the dealers some say because the hybrid system is not a serviceable item it doesn't need a full service history while others say it needs a 80% service record.

Does anyone have the definitive answer?

Thanks

I could easily service this car for about £40 tops with the beat oil and filter, The only reason I pay £129 is for the 8 years guarantee. If all goes wrong and the cost of the big Battery and gubins is £2,800 + vat, a full history is rather worthwhile.

Plus when you sell, it will put £500 on the price (Full Toyota history). Although change the air and cabin filter yourself, as it will be better and 40% of the cost at Toyotas.

Does anybody know if the new Battery cells for the hybrid system have now been upgraded to a more superior specification since the second generation Prius i.e. 2005 T4 was introduced?

I do not know how many Battery cells my model of Prius has but was told many years ago that it was fitted with in the order of 30 linked batteries.

Can someone advise me about this?

IAB.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links