Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Leak 2007 2.2D4D

benjyboy

Noticed patches of oil on driveway beneath car. Seems to be a slow drip from drivers side coming from access panel on shield beneath engine bay. Checked all fluid levels , steering, brake and oil level. They appear ok. Could it be a faulty seal on the oil filter which I believe is fitted from under the car. Car drives ok.

Any ideas please.

I would think from your description it may be coming from the engine oil filter or drain plug, is it black oil from the engine or golden in colour from the transmission?

Was it serviced recently because if it was it might be residual old oil spilt during the last filter change draining away?

Try to use curb or jack to lift driver side. If is possible to lie down underneath , try to open small lid under oil filter on the plastic panel. Probably you will see if dripping is from the filter.

Thanks for the replies. Jacked the car up opened the little panel. Looks like the oil filter is leaking. Car going in for mot tuesday so I'll get it sorted then. I'm told that tightening the housing to much can crush the sealing ring thereby causing a leak.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links