Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Flowers With New Car.

louisesmethurst

Is a bit petty but I have just bought a new car from a main dealer and was a little bit disappointed that there were no flowers.

I have bought Toyota cars from other dealers and always hot a lovely bunch of flowers.

Are times hard for the dealers now that they don't do that little touch. Audi and Ford still manage it.

Think it depends very much on the dealership. We've bought several new cars for my partner, and the times we've had flowers are in the minority.

Anyway at least the upholstery won't be marked with any pollen !!

• Like 1

I never got flowers, and that is in over about 7 years of buying Toyotas. Never got flowers anywhere else before that either. I think it depends on the dealer. I always get half a tank of fuel though :) so that's better.

I remember one time my parents bought a Peugeot years ago, and the tank was down to the red when they got it. As for Ford round here, I've never even seen so much as a vase of flowers on display in their showrooms, never mind giving a bunch to customers.

What's your Yaris like?

I got two cars from Premier Toyota for me and my better half and between them both we didn't even manage a quarter of a tank of fuel, let alone any flowers or even an air freshener!

Lindop Wrexham messed me around something chronic and I never had a phone call back from Lindop Queensferry, so I tarred them both with the same brush. Yet my dad bought a GT86 from Queensferry and got a full tank and he was happy with the service. He got introduced to the service team etc when I took him to pick up the car, Premier didn't do anything like that for me on either visit to pick our cars up.

Just goes to show that it depends who you get and whether they're having a good day or not.

Interesting, I didn't think about it when I picked it up, but when hubby got home he said, "did u not get any flowers, I did with my audi and I'm a bloke", it made me smile but I just thought I had from the previous 2 dealers. I know dealers are infamous for giving u the car with no fuel so part of my deal breaker was first free service and half a tank of fuel. Didn't get an air freshner.

I suppose if I had taken the guard x protection then the pollen would have just wiped off, but I wasn't going spend £350 on scotch guard and some wax protector.

I love my new car, just was an after thought. Happy with my Christmas present :)

"did u not get any flowers, I did with my audi and I'm a bloke"

But he's an Audi driver .... :flowers:

I've never even heard of getting flowers. But I'm a cynic and if I was offered them I'd start wondering what they were trying to draw my attention away from.

Getting flowers goes back to the bad old day, customers are often embarrassed getting flowers as it's a bit cheesey in this day and age, we stopped doing it years ago. Full or even half tanks of fuel are rare too due to the cost

Kingo :thumbsup:

Getting flowers goes back to the bad old day, customers are often embarrassed getting flowers as it's a bit cheesey in this day and age, we stopped doing it years ago. Full or even half tanks of fuel are rare too due to the cost

Kingo :thumbsup:

I got a full tank of fuel when I picked up my last RAV :driving: (but I did make it a condition of the sale as I drove over 300 miles to get it and said I needed the fuel to get home again :donatello: )

But he's an Audi driver .... :flowers:

what is the difference between toyota and audi drivers, are we a different league. I had been given flowers when I had bought my last 2 yaris cars, so i thought it was something that has stopped. Its ok, not bothered really.

Prefer the fuel anyday.

Of the 17 cars we've bought new, we had flowers with 4. Mixture of makes - Nissan (6), Toyota (5), Mazda (3), Honda (2) and Hyundai (1).

Undoubtedly the cost of the flowers is included somewhere within the price paid for the car.

The flowers my partner liked most were a bunch of sunflowers - but she had to keep the sunroof open on the way home to allow room for them.

I didn't even know getting flowers when buying a car was a thing! :eek:

It's not now as most dealers don't do it.

I would'nt worry about flowers but would hate to find a bag of lemons on the seat.

Del

More concerning would be finding the car is a lemon.