Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are They All Pretty Rough

Valvematic

Only when you start them...

I like to call it Vibrant, but you would expect that with only three pots to pull the beast...

• Like 1

Thought I was driving a Fiat 126 tbh they were rough!

That's not a car its an upholsted roller skate :lol:

The 126 was also two cylinder

Haha my gran used to have one, notorious for letting go on wet roundabouts. Hadn't realised they were 2 pot. Loved the crimped exhaust end to provide back pressure.

I did many thousands of miles in my Fiat 126 :)

Great little car with a rear 650 cc air cooled two cylinder engine and a fan that blew ducted air over the fins on the engine block to provide cooling.

I remember that occasionally under load when climbing hills the air pressure from the fan used to pop off one of the spark plug leads, turning it into a misfiring one cylinder!

Rectified by replacing the floppy fiat rubber plug gaiters with some stiffer gaiters from a VW Beetle :)

We had a 126 as well - my partner's first car. It was the water-cooled 126Bis - the hatchback version. First winter we had it, we had some heavy snow, and neighbours couldn't get their cars out of the garages - including one with a Granada 4wd. No problems with the Fiat - went up and down the road no bother without getting anywhere near stuck.

Better now with the oil nearer the max mark.

Yes it's a good idea to have the oil at the correct level! :)

• Like 1

It was on the min mark to be fair.

How often do you check your levels?..........They are not usually known for using oil

How often do you check your levels?..........They are not usually known for using oil

Only just got the car had it for a week. The dipstick isn't the best will keep a close eye on it. Changed the spark plugs today which apart from being worn showed the engine in good health. No mixing of oil with the coolant and no sign of blue smoke or a wet oily exhaust out back.

Only just got the car had it for a week. The dipstick isn't the best will keep a close eye on it. Changed the spark plugs today which apart from being worn showed the engine in good health. No mixing of oil with the coolant and no sign of blue smoke or a wet oily exhaust out back.

Nice to know that your car is now in careing hands.........Look after it and it will give you many miles motoring :)

Nice to know that your car is now in careing hands.........Look after it and it will give you many miles motoring :)

Got to treat them like your good women :blow: plenty of pampering and a good seeing to from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had three 126s in my time great fun to drive I bought the last one a 'Bis' in blue brand new leaked like a sieve though but it was all rectified under warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links