Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Oil Filters

dmann436

John Harvey Toyota in bossier city la tells me they use only genuine 'toyota' oil filters, looking at one with intentions to buy I was shocked to see they are made in china!!!! is anything 'made in china' worth the chance of your engine's life being suddenly cut short?? I can't find any evaluations on toyota oil filters online, does anyone have any info?

• 2 weeks later...

We got the "Made in Thailand" Toyota filters here, and it does look very different compared to the "Made in Japan" filters we used to get.

Dont matter where they are made - if they are fitted by a Toyota Franchised Dealer,and anything goes wrong with the filter -eg- leaks at 6000rpm and siezes the engine - they are liable for the repairs.

:lol::lol::yes::lol::lol:

nout wrong with having stuff made in china.. some of the best stuff is made in china

Also you dont think toyota actually make all their own parts do you?

nout wrong with having stuff made in china.. some of the best stuff is made in china

Aye, the Wall is still standing. :D

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah but not sold at chinese price: I.E. Ryco $12.00,Cooper-Wesfil $6.00,So called Genuine Toyota <made in China> $18.50.These Oil Filters to suit 1996 5sfe Camry.....*****s... By the way Warranty on Oil Filters is worth Sweet F... All Check it out with your Dealer :thumbsup:

i picked up a toyota oil filter today for my celica just looked and it said made in japan its a different colour. i like the way the rubber seal comes pre greased and covered with plastic saves you having to rub oil on the seal before installing it. got to love the japanese always coming up with little ways to make your life easier.

these days you'll find LOTS of products made in china, most of stuff are better than it use to be, also LOTS of products for japanese cars (aftermarket/factory)are made in Taiwan, Thailand etc... like tail lights, look on back of say new mazda 6 or a mazda 3 it say 'made in Thailand' or even made in europe where as lights on older japanese cars got 'made in japan'. is not surprising geniune toyota parts are made in china.

Kioto - a japanese company make front/tail lights for japanese cars, they got plants in thailand now hence when i said look at back of a mazda 6 it says made in thailand. same difference.

is only copies you have to be careful with in terms of quality & fitment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links