Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Run Flats

Jeff999x

Well cars going to have the run flats removed in the morning. Hopefully no problems with the TPMS sensors. Then I'll be able to get the alloys powder coated. Perhaps I will feel the difference in ride quality either way I can post my thoughts. Is it worth keeping the tyres and rings, do people ever want second hand tyres?

I am in the process of doing the same thing.

It took just over an hour for the fitter to remove all the rings and replace the new tyres. It's not cheap, but I think long term it will pay for its self. I was quite sceptical about it changing the ride comfort. All I can say is what a difference it makes. A much softer ride was noticeable after only a short distance. Overall I'm extremely pleased with the outcome and would say get it done. No problems with the TPMS either so I'm a happy bunny........

I have got 3 spare wheels now and was going to get another then have them tyres taken off, get em powdered coated and new tyres put on. Can then go back to standard should I ever come to change it.

I'd bid on a set on Fleabay but on closer inspection the were pretty awful. It's a good way to go though especially if you want winter tyres.. I'll keep looking for some spares..

Does anyone have instructions how to remove them and retain the TPS, as thinking of trying myself?

Well I have researched it a bit, read stuff on here and £50 a wheel to remove each one from toyota does not seem a good deal, anyhow I found a rim with a knackered tyre on a well know trading site, the tyre had a big slash in it so I have run the jigsaw around the side walls and so cut most of the tyre of, next an angle grinder is going across the ring and will pull that off hopefully leaving the sensor in tact.

will let you know how I get on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links