Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Box And Other Bits

garry auris d4d

hi guys just quick note kinda know the mods don't want talk about this but I have got my chip box good or bad I have made my choice because at the end or the day that's what it is a choice !. I am happy with the result so far and have used left over cash to buy h+r 35 mm drop springs and green stuff pads. just need wheels and skirt kit and k+n panel filter also exhaust tip to finish the way I want the car then its a matter of keeping it in good order with little help from poor boys products thanks for help and advice will throw couple pics up when pads and springs fitted any advice about exhaust tip anf panel filter for 2.0d4d also the skirt kit would be great .

The mods don't care what you do to your car, it is a life style choice.

What we won't have is a mine is bigger than yours competition that is based on little or no evidence as it is pointless and very boring to read.

I hope all goes well and you get the results you want without damaging your car.

What we won't have is a mine is bigger than yours competition

Mine has always been bigger than yours :naughty:

Would the k and n panel filter be able to be used as it has to be oiled and it could get on the maf sensor making it think it's not getting enough air

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

I am unsure smudge that's why I put these details up sound like it could be the case but is there a other method I don't really have to change just did it on my corolla and made difference but unsure about diesel model so that's one for more research raistlin I understand you think its getting boring and I agree theres no need to bad mouth sorry suggest that other products are not fit for the job unless they don't do what they say they can for me this is the end or the beginning we will see but for now I am smiling every time I get in and press the loud pedal the springs are pads are to help with extra grunt that the car feels like its got as for fuel time will tell

i think if you can find someone who uses foam or cotton rather than the gauze type filter you might be safe i am working with a tuning place to build a kit the does house the maf sensor but allows a cone filter it consists of some tubing and then the cone fitted to the end without changing the current diameter of the already fitted hose from the box to the turbo intake hose its not finished yet but we are looking into a few things trying to make it look more appealing rather than just something that anyone could make ... but there is a few places doing the panel filters just have to dig quite deep on the internet for a few more places ... im sure i have seen someone doing a foam one it might be jetex

Apexi Dual Funnel cone is what you need. It's totally dry and works great. Just remove the original box and buy correct metal adapter in order to fit to the end of the existing pipework.

Finding th adaptor seems to be a difficult to track down unless you know where to get one

• Like 1

I have had my K&N panel filter in now for a couple of thousand miles. So far no issues and it did make a difference to the pick up of the car. It's the first thing I always do to replace the OEM Filter to one that will let the engine breathe better. As for oiling the filter all you need to do is make sure that you do not over oil it. Good luck with which ever way you decide to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

• Like 1

well kingo sorry but you where right that's less than week the box fitted and engine has problem was puff light colour smoke couldn't tell if grey or blue then droped into limp mode engine light is on and message check engine came on 24 hrs later and the engine light is on and check engine message still on screen but car now revs more but still not right so waiting for garage Monday to give me bad news took box off before trying car again still same guessing some thing needs reset . still gutted and yes it was installed by mechanic

No one will gloat we just tried to warn you that these boxes don't suit all engines.

I hope you get it resolved and it won't cost too much.

• Like 1

What setting did you have it on

This is a simple case of the setting being too high - exactly the same thing happened to me when I tried the TDI-tuning box on level 20 of the 32 available. I only got about half a mile down the road at less than 30 mph when the fault lights came on ! In that short distance I could feel that the engine was more eager, even on a light throttle. All I did was reduce the level to 13 & disconnect the negative lead for about half an hour (plus press the brake pedal to erase any remaining current). The fault light went out & stayed out, plus the engine ran perfectly on that setting. Either the boost or fuel settings were just too far out of the standard ECU's working parameters, so as a failsafe it threw a wobbly. Lesson learned ......

• Like 1

ok guys this is the info I have at the moment its a bluespark pro was fitted by mechanic so not sure about settings but on the glass cover to the left theres double pins it has red bit over the middle setting on the numbered dial it is set to 4or 5 not sure as mark not clear I have removed it at this time and contacted bluespark to see if theres any chance the wrong map was installed no answer yet and uncle buck I think that its bit more to it than that but if you could explain so I could try reset I would be grateful and might even save trip to garage mne died at about 3/4000 rpm was overtaking lorry but I would have thought that 4/5 on settings wouldn't have been so high but my mechanic thought it was ok followed instructions on info sheet .

am I right in saying uncle buck that now I have removed the box if I remove the negative cable from Battery for good half hour and press brake pedal for few seconds this should reset ecu code even though the engine light on and message screen reads check engine if I do this will I lose all settings as in radio code ect ????

Ye disconnect Battery press either horn or brake pedal discharge last of current minimum 20 mins to reset the ecu and 3 to 4 starts should clear anything that comes up the bluespark pro comes on that setting from what I was told from them any shouldn't need adjusting from there unless u want to but defo sounds like ecu through a wobbler do you know if the mechanic did the computer installation for it ... Ie ignition off then plug in ignition on flashing light and off then start car solid blue light

• Like 1

once car is working again if ok it will be sold and replaced with 180 d-cat model should have waited for this model in first place what kinda money does the 180 sell for on 07/57 age with about 50k ? this is if the repair doesn't cost arm and a leg to fix

Also You won't need radio code as I have changed my stereo twice for other Auris ones due to CD player fault but all your dash settings and stereo settings will need putting back to how you had them have a look on autotrader and place like that to get a feel for what the car is worth cos there are some pups out there for cheap bit some nice ones for similar money to the 2.0 Sr

yea smudge the mechanic fitted so not sure how he did it but hes fitted a lot of these boxes and says that 90% are ok with no problems if used on settings he puts them on I am on the understanding he didn't ajust the box but not sure as not there when it was done

thanks smudge need have think about change because will lose money if swap again so soon as payed £5000 for this one its 57 2.0 d4d tr in titanium silver with 50k on it go and give this ecu reset a go see where I am after that thanks for help guys if this works and theres a club meet some time will defo buy the drinks cheers :drunk:

Thanks for the fix guys it has seemed to work as it is running mint again with no error lights this is with out the box fitted would it be dumb to re install on lesser setting ???

I would say try it again but do it with the instructions to the letter ... Then try it and at least you know it's a quick fix then

would this be something I could do at home or would I need use mechanic again just stay and watch him

No do it at home it takes literally 10 mins to put in I have put quite a few for mates and recently tried one I borrowed in my own car and is extremely easy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links