Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Prius G2 T4

Dizzo

I've got 3 CDs stuck in the CD player. It worked fine with 2 in but unintentionally inserting the 3rd was a CD too far. The dealer tells me it's a single CD player even though it has 6 numbers showing on the fascia. At a recent routine service dealer told me 150 quid plus to fix but clearly wasn't interested in doing it. Is it easy to fix?

Think you will find the buttons numbered 1 to 6 are the pre-sets for radio stations.

Hi

You'll find that Gen2 T4 does indeed hold 6 CDs. Hit the CD-aux button to get the CD mode active then hit the Audio button on the LCD display area and you will then gain access to load/eject your CDs.

I know this because I have had the same six CDs in it for the last six months and every weekend before I start my 240 mile journey south I forget to change them....it's murder but thank goodness for Grandmaster Flash's White Lines on CD 5 to keep me amused...and educated on white lines ...in the road

Your dealer sounds like a t.....well, he should know better really

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for taking the time to post responses guys but I know how the player works, and those CDs are most definitely stuck in there and not coming out using the usual actions. My missus confessed to inserting the 3rd CD without first pressing the "load" button, and this might have something to do with it, but surely this wouldn't result in it breaking down!
I was hoping someone else out there might have had the same problem and got it sorted for less than 150 quid!

And sorry Dave, but I'm going to have to Google Grandmaster Flash!

Fixed it now, thanks to Google, really easy fix

Glad to hear that you have fixed it.

Could you let us know how you did it please?

This info could be useful for others if they get the same problem.

Many thanks

So simple! Switched on the player, then half-inserted another CD in the slot, keeping hold of it. Pressed "eject" and hey presto the stuck CD appeared! Had to reach in with tweezers to help it out, then the other 2 popped out all by themselves.

My feeling of elation didn't last long - I had the car up on ramps to check on rust underneath (bit sad I know but I dab on hammerite to any rusting bits of chassis! It gives me a cosy feeling inside!) and saw that a rear suspension spring was broken near the top. Dealer has quoted 295 quid (sorry, pound sign button doesn't work on the keyboard) to replace, advising me not to drive it in the meantime which is a bit rich considering they serviced it a week ago (including a free safety check sir!) and MOT'd it 3 months ago, and it has clearly been broken months if not years. No symptoms of anything wrong either.

Anyway, it's booked in, Just doing the one side, thought they might say both rear springs would have to be replaced.

Thanks for the info. I will remember that if I get into the same situation.

Sorry to hear about the spring. Hope it gets fixed soon and is ok.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links