Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Corolla Verso, Thermostat Control On Dashboard Has Broken!

Pablo Diablo

Hi

Thermostat controller on right hand side has broken. It has no control over temperature and is stuck at 25.

It just moves up and down loosely with no movement of temperature. If anyone can let me know how to remove silver console cover to gain access behind it, would be great!!!

Cheers!

post-141391-0-53357900-1402324154_thumb.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just had and fixed a problem with the drivers side air con button on a corolla vers 2.2d4d sr with the same air con panel, your fault may be the same.

Symtom

Button was looser on the drivers side but not so loose that it seeming broken, temp setting coould be adjusted down but not up.

Cause

the microswitch on a circuit board behind the button has moved away just a little and is too far away to be activated, cause is some screws loosening or the pastic they screw into is brocken. Circuit board was NOT held firm just in one small corner and that did not work.

Solution was to remove heater panel from fascia, disassemble and retighten screws. One plastic pillar securing circuit board had broken on mine in the same corner as the switch so I improvised a tensioner screw by carefully inserting a self tapping screw into the back case of the unit that pressed the board forward, alternatives could have been inserting some thick packing or putting some material in the hollow parts of the plastic buttons to make they travel further. Self tapper was at least adjustable

Its failry easy to remove the heating panel

1 remove trim strips with vents either side starting at the top by inserting a blade into short top edge and levering back into car (see videos for changing radio) , take care with left trim as it has an extra metal clip on mine that would not let go , take care with cigarette lighter wiring as we;;

2 remove 2 screws holding heater panel and pull out from the bottom of panel (it swings upwand then detachs from radio)

3 detach 2 heater cables pressing lugs to release

4 disassemble rear case of heater panel (4 screws)

5 detach ribbon cable if you have too (take care to pull the clip along then hinge up) you might get away with leaving it attached

6 inspect 5 or 6 screws holding back of cicuit board, particularly check the screws by the switch that has failed. if any are lose, tighten if your lucky or bodge some packing of button or inside black case

my final solution was a carefully posistioned self tapper through black case to press on unsed part of circuit board and held it in place)

7 reverse to assemble, took about 20 mins

TAKE CARE WITH ALL SCREWS AS THE PLASTICS ARE WEAK

• Like 2

Thanks for that. Glad you got it sorted :)

• 1 year later...

Where do I find the video to solve This problem 

On 19/06/2014 at 11:06 PM, errata said:

Hi

I have just had and fixed a problem with the drivers side air con button on a corolla vers 2.2d4d sr with the same air con panel, your fault may be the same.

Symtom

Button was looser on the drivers side but not so loose that it seeming broken, temp setting coould be adjusted down but not up.

Cause

the microswitch on a circuit board behind the button has moved away just a little and is too far away to be activated, cause is some screws loosening or the pastic they screw into is brocken. Circuit board was NOT held firm just in one small corner and that did not work.

Solution was to remove heater panel from fascia, disassemble and retighten screws. One plastic pillar securing circuit board had broken on mine in the same corner as the switch so I improvised a tensioner screw by carefully inserting a self tapping screw into the back case of the unit that pressed the board forward, alternatives could have been inserting some thick packing or putting some material in the hollow parts of the plastic buttons to make they travel further. Self tapper was at least adjustable

Its failry easy to remove the heating panel

1 remove trim strips with vents either side starting at the top by inserting a blade into short top edge and levering back into car (see videos for changing radio) , take care with left trim as it has an extra metal clip on mine that would not let go , take care with cigarette lighter wiring as we;;

2 remove 2 screws holding heater panel and pull out from the bottom of panel (it swings upwand then detachs from radio)

3 detach 2 heater cables pressing lugs to release

4 disassemble rear case of heater panel (4 screws)

5 detach ribbon cable if you have too (take care to pull the clip along then hinge up) you might get away with leaving it attached

6 inspect 5 or 6 screws holding back of cicuit board, particularly check the screws by the switch that has failed. if any are lose, tighten if your lucky or bodge some packing of button or inside black case

my final solution was a carefully posistioned self tapper through black case to press on unsed part of circuit board and held it in place)

7 reverse to assemble, took about 20 mins

TAKE CARE WITH ALL SCREWS AS THE PLASTICS ARE WEAK

Where do I find the video you mentioned in post.?I just bought car 04 March 2016 in Barry Island Wales and I had to drive home to Manchester without heating and steamed up windows on drivers side with window slightly open to keep clear I paid £4000 it's 5 hour drive so to drive back with it is not an option but if this is an easy fix I will attempt it myself I just need the video? 

Pdh24

• 3 years later...

Hi can any one help me I have a  07 Toyota Corona verso 7 seater it’s just when I try and touch the  temperature button and try and put it. up or down for the heat. nuffink happens on the temperature it doesn’t go up or down and I don’t understand. it because the air conditioning works fine .but when I charge it and touch the button for temperature it doesn’t go up or down so can anyone help me. please thank colin

Edited by Colin freeman

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links