Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Reading Lights

Valvematic

I have a 2009 T27, came to start the other day and the Battery was completely flat. Found out the interior reading lights had been turned on by my young daughter and left on. I'd of thought some clever electrics would have shut these down after a period of time.

Yeah, yeah, always the kids fault :)

Apart from remembering to check when you get out, all I can suggest is replacing the bulbs with LED's. You can get them on eBay amongst other places. Better quality light and the current draw is far less. They'll still drain the Battery if left long enough but it'll take a lot longer so you'll have more time to notice that they're on...

• Like 1

Had the same problem yesterday, flat Battery at home. Called the Toyota AA line and they were there within 30 mins. No idea how it got switched on as not been out in it in the dark for some time. Guess it got hit accidentally somehow and as it's been bright sunlight for a few days now disinterested notice it. Ran engine for 30 mins and it's been fine since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links