Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird Prius Gen 3 Problems - Please Help

rf4c

Isn't that just the gen2?

Nope, Gen II and Gen III.

• Like 1

Googled this and it appears the gps aerial for a gen3 is behind the steering wheel on lhd cars. Now whether it's behind the wheel on RHD cars or behind the glove box is a different matter. It appears a number of owners in the US have had issues with their satnav doing exactly what the op is describing and it is a service bulletin software update to correct. Some owners had the aerial and satnav units replaced and still the problem occurred.

As the op has only had this problem since it was back at the dealers, it makes me wonder if they've changed his software by accident? Perhaps putting it back to a previous version? Or maybe did a master reset when they installed the new 12volt?

• Like 1

or maybe they've pulled a connection off when they changed the pollen filter ?

or maybe they've pulled a connection off when they changed the pollen filter ?

I doubt it very much, changing the pollen filter is a five minute job and goes nowhere near the GPS aerial.

Hi guys

thanks once again for such a fantastic source of knowledge!

I'm beginning to realise how little I know!!

I'm beginning to focus on Grumpy's comment that the dealer may have messed up the software.

My logic is that I bought the car in February and it behaved like a brand new car from the day I drove it from the dealers.

The dealer was very professional, even phoning me a month after the purchase to check if I was happy with everything.

Unfortunately, that dealer is in Belfast, and as I am in Dublin, I'm now using a dealer here.

Standards in Ireland are nowhere near those in the UK.

The car continued to be perfect until the recall. I had the software update done by the Dublin dealer and within three or four weeks, things started to go wrong.

I know that some of it was down to a dodgy 12V Battery. Having fixed that, starting is perfect, so I feel it's one of two things:

a) the dealers screwed up when doing the software update or

B) Somehow, the bad Battery did something to the GPS?

I'm planning to call into the dealer and ask them to recheck their work on the software.

That's all I can think of for now!

If I'm on the wrong track, please feel free to shoot me down!

Thanks again to everybody

kind wishes

Jim

thanks once again for such a fantastic source of knowledge!

I'm beginning to realise how little I know!!...

don't worry, I've done over 300,000 miles since 2002 in Hybrids (mostly Toyota, but some Hondas and Lexus), and I still learn something new now and again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links