Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Surely Peeps Will Go For The Lithium?

stompe

May depend on what premium is asked for the lithium batteries ....

Will it just be NiMh for the standard Prius and Li-ion for the PIP; just like today?

The patent on NiMh batteries runs out next year so that could open up some interesting options. Maybe a bigger standard hybrid Battery? Who knows?

Just hope the gen4 is the game changer it's meant to be. I also hope they continue to sell it in standard hybrid form in the UK/Europe.

I hope they don't change the gearstick and digital speedo display.

When are manufacturers going to bite the bullet and give us a joystick to steer.

• Like 2

I hope they don't change the gearstick and digital speedo display...

or lose the spare wheel. (don't mind if they get rid the the flying bridge though, but I know some disagree...)

Having a test drive in the new Lexus NX Hybrid on Wednesday - does have 4WD, and HUD on top model which includes SatNav symbols.

Interestingly the blurb says it includes a space saver spare wheel in all UK versions due to pressure from customers - so maybe someone in Lexus does listen occasionally!

Tyre pressure?

• Like 1

I hope they don't change the gearstick and digital speedo display...

or lose the spare wheel. (don't mind if they get rid the the flying bridge though, but I know some disagree...)

Having a test drive in the new Lexus NX Hybrid on Wednesday - does have 4WD, and HUD on top model with includes SatNav symbols.

Interestingly the blurb says it includes a space saver spare wheel in all UK versions due to pressure from customers - so maybe someone in Lexus does listen occasionally!

Hopefully you'll pop over to your Toyota dealer once you've collected your shiny new Lexus and tell them why they lost a sale.

Hopefully you'll pop over to your Toyota dealer once you've collected your shiny new Lexus and tell them why they lost a sale.

Well IF (and a very big if!) I go for the Lexus, I won't have far to go to tell them - it's the same dealership, just a different part. I'm sure the dealer won't mind me buying a horrendously expensive car instead of a drastically overpriced one! They'd no doubt charge more for servicing too.

To get the toys that really appeal, I will have to buy the top spec model, which is nearly twice the cost of a T3 Prius! Plus it will be more expensive to run - £100 a year tax, 18" wheels so tyres won't be el cheapo, big question over mpg - book says 52, motoring journalists low 30s! We all know the journos are adept at getting appalling mpg, so I'll be watching the displays very closely (whilst still looking out the windows, of course).

Then after paying all that money, only a 3 year warranty (no chance of drivethedeal - car's too new - I'll have a four month wait if I order one).

A tough call - the Toyota service part of my dealer have been the best I've ever experienced. If I get the Lexus I'll have to deal with new, unknown people. Then of course, do I wait for the Gen 4 Prius spec to be announced? Probably most sensible course...

Could you not reach for a Tesla S? They start at £50k and you still get over 200 mile range for that. Maybe they'd do a deal? Go on :)

• Like 1

I did drool over the Tesla, but the 200 mile range drops if you use heating/ventilation, and drive at 65 instead of 55 mph.

The longer range model, with leather interior and a £3½k option pack that is needed for, amongst other things, fog lights, heated mirrors and power folding mirrors bumps the price up to well over 60k. And it still will 'only' do 240 miles on the sort of trip I do occasionally.

As there are no heavy duty charging points up the east coast between Norfolk and the Hull area, I would need to spend 5-7 hours (or more!) charging during the day, if I could find somewhere to do so. This would make a day trip tedious, to say the least.

In a few years, if there are lots of SuperCharge points, UK road trips would become quiet feasible. At least the Prius (or Lexus LX) can do the whole return journey on a single tank of unleaded.

• Like 1

Could you give us all a short review of the Lexus please Pete.....a la the i-BMW

Could you give us all a short review of the Lexus please Pete.....a la the i-BMW

sure will

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links