Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Toyota Avensis Not Readily Available.

Chris Dance

I convinced a friend that getting a Toyota car would be better than a Vauxhall. He went to the local Toyota dealer and got interested in a petrol engined Avensis. ( He test drove a diesal model but found it sluggish). He was informed that a new Avensis could not be delivered until September. In view of this he settled for a second hand 2014 model Avensis.

Do all new Toyota models have this long lead time? I got my new Prrius last August it was delivered in a month of ordering.

Topic moved to the Avensis club

They have probably stopped production of the "old" model & are transitioning to production of initial stock of the "new".

I am surprised that there wasn't a new 1.8 in stock somewhere though albeit he may have had to compromise on colour/trim choices.

My firm's fleet department quote a lead time of 16 weeks on most Toyota and Lexus models, even the ones built here.

• 5 months later...

I had the same experience I wanted a test drive of a Petrol Avensis but none were available I waited weeks and the salesman said he still couldn't get one, I bought a VW Golf 1.4Tsi Blue motion DSG transmission lovely car

A class smaller than an Avensis though. Was going to ask if you considered an Auris but I see that you already have 1 (albeit not the latest facelift).

I suspect that these days UK new Avensis sales are heavily biased towards fleets & therefore diesels so dealer demonstrator availability reflects that.

Did you try a diesel demonstrator? OK, the engine & possibly transmission would have been different & the petrol's handling would actually be better than a diesel due to the lighter weight in the nose.

We went to look at the new Avensis in late August. We wanted petrol but they only had diesel demonstrators and the salesman tried hard to persuade us to buy a diesel, basically saying that the vast majority of Avensis production is diesel. We stuck to our guns and went for a petrol one, he told us it wouldn't be ready till early December - more than three months. We went ahead and ordered it, and are now waiting patiently, so in answer to your question, there is a long lead time for a petrol Avensis. I bought a Mk 4 golf when they first came out. Lovely car to look at and drive, it initailly had a few niggly faults which were annoying, then needed a new catalytic converter, but the killer was that it started burning oil at a tremendous rate after only a few years, I was having to put in a litre or two every couple of weeks. Dumped it for a Corolla which has done 115000 miles in 9 years and all I've had to do to it is replace the radio aerial. Most reliable car I've ever had. Hope the new Avensis is the same....when it comes.

• 2 months later...

We got caught in the gap between models. Old Avensis Estate (2003 150k) not really up to long drive to SW France and back so decided to get a new one. We got the last remaining manual petrol Estate in the UK! Any colour we wanted so long as it was black! Quite an upgrade. How not to get a good deal.Still using old one as a runabout while it is cheap to own. The new model would have been even better and probably cost less too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links