Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looks Like Am Coming Back!

Molnboman

Hej Folks

Looks likely am coming back to Rav4 land....looking at the 2006 onwards 2.0 petrol 4x4 version. Anything I should be looking out for on these models? Am hoping it drives a little more refined car like vibe and has an improved mpg than my old one. Any pointers would be most welcome.

Best Wishes

Allan

Hej Folks

Looks likely am coming back to Rav4 land....looking at the 2006 onwards 2.0 petrol 4x4 version. Anything I should be looking out for on these models? Am hoping it drives a little more refined car like vibe and has an improved mpg than my old one. Any pointers would be most welcome.

Best Wishes

Allan

The 2.0 litre vvt-i engine in the 4.3 is virtually identical to the one in the 4.2. We've had 3 of them and they are bullet-proof. Probably one of the best engines ever sold. We've always had autos so I can't speak with any personal experience about the manuals but I've never heard anything negative about the manual box. The 4x4 drivetrain is otherwise identical and our 4.3 diesel auto was perfect in that department.

The petrol engine is not the most economical unit around but, given the reliability and build quality of the car in general, any extra fuel costs are more than compensated by the low running costs otherwise.

I did try a 4.3 petrol auto a while back and it was a lovely car. It's worth noting that, if you do consider an auto, the 4.3 uses a CVT box rather than the torque converter box in the 4.2. Having said that though, I couldn't tell the difference, the CVT was that good.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hej Folks

Best Wishes

Allan

The 2.0 litre vvt-i engine in the 4.3 is virtually identical to the one in the 4.2. We've had 3 of them and they are bullet-proof. Probably one of the best engines ever sold. We've always had autos so I can't speak with any personal experience about the manuals but I've never heard anything negative about the manual box. The 4x4 drivetrain is otherwise identical and our 4.3 diesel auto was perfect in that department.

The petrol engine is not the most economical unit around but, given the reliability and build quality of the car in general, any extra fuel costs are more than compensated by the low running costs otherwise.

I did try a 4.3 petrol auto a while back and it was a lovely car. It's worth noting that, if you do consider an auto, the 4.3 uses a CVT box rather than the torque converter box in the 4.2. Having said that though, I couldn't tell the difference, the CVT was that good.

Thanks for reply. Yes I'd go for the manual anyway. Does the 4.3 have a little more refinement in terms of motorway driving, cabin noise etc. One negative I found on the 4.2 was that it didn't really suit big slogs on the motorway.....and I do a lot of miles. How are the seats....I read that tbey were uncomfortabke on long journeys. Is this true?

BR

A

Hej Folks

Best Wishes

Allan

Thanks for reply. Yes I'd go for the manual anyway. Does the 4.3 have a little more refinement in terms of motorway driving, cabin noise etc. One negative I found on the 4.2 was that it didn't really suit big slogs on the motorway.....and I do a lot of miles. How are the seats....I read that tbey were uncomfortabke on long journeys. Is this true?

BR

A

Our 4.3 was an excellent m-way car and very comfortable. I have had back trouble for years so seat comfort is essential for me & our 4.3 was fine.

I've got a 2008 2.0 Petrol and I've had it nearly 2 years and 25,000 miles now.

Generally its a great car, very comforable for long drives and the XTR comes will all the kit I need.

Negatives? Its a bit thirsty but I still average 30mpg overall during a hard commute which I think is ok for type of car. The petrol engine is a bit noisy but powerful enough for most people. I find the clutch a bit heavy and 'springy' and the over-revving when dipping the clutch takes some getting used to!

But I'd still have another one, and so far the slightly higher fuel costs have been the only costs involved apart from servicing.

Make sure the centre exhaust pipe is in good nick, as that costs approximately £1 million from Toyota - well, nearly anyway! :-)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replies.....so the MK 3 model's 2.0lt petrol engine is the same as in the MK2?......Ha anyone ever had their 2.0lt petrol engine remapped?.....Can't seem to find any info on this query.

BR

A

Thanks for all the replies.....so the MK 3 model's 2.0lt petrol engine is the same as in the MK2?......Ha anyone ever had their 2.0lt petrol engine remapped?.....Can't seem to find any info on this query.

BR

A

I've not come across anyone who has done so, either on here or on other RAV forums. The diesels on the other hand are often chipped, usually with Lindop's unit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links