Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Aux To Usb Input

jim 44

Hi,

I have a 2011 Avensis [T4 Nav version] which has a 3.5 mm aux input in the centre console. Is there a way that this can be changed so I can have a USB input? If not is there another way I can have a USB input somewhere else? I am also hoping that the end result will allow me to see the song information on the screen, not just Track 1 for example.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Jim

The are many similar adapter to this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Audio-Female-Converter-Cable/dp/B00MO75FLG

Nope, don't think there is any way for data & track info to be transferred... Doesn't help you but my 64 plate Avensis has USB input, currently connected to a USB hub with 'phone & iPod both displaying track & album artwork etc.. but that would be an expensive upgrade...

Jim,

I thought that your Avensis model has a USB socket on the lower right of the screen.

If you find the USB connector I believe you should be able to play MP3 tracks from a memory stick.

In which case, the track information, album name, artist name etc can be set up on the individual ID3 tags which are associated with each music track on the memory stick.

With my Touch and Go (2012 Avensis) I have successfully set up the ID3 information on a USB memory stick for a large assortment of music tracks from the 1930s to modern day. This information then shows on the screen, from which I make my selection. This means I can search by artist or album name and choose to play tracks in alphabetical order of artist or album name, or randomly.

Dave

Just an idea Jim, but I use the cigarette lighter point in front of the gear stick to accomodate a plugin adapter which has a USB connector in it. I think these are easily obtainable on Amazon for instance. Inexpensive item and the following link might assist

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NoveltyThunder-Cigarette-Lighter-Charger-Generation/dp/B00HXOO54I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434351698&sr=8-1&keywords=cigarette+adaptor+with+usb

I think what OP needs is a USB point for connecting music, not charging. I shall be taking delivery of a T4 Nav next weekend which also has an 3.5mm Aux jack point and would be interested to know the outcome to this.

Could you not install your audio library onto the 10Gb HDD? Alternatively, could you stream the audio through the bluetooth functionality?

Graham,

Just possibly we may hear nothing more from the OP - he had two replies the day of his original posting plus another 2 since, without any further comment from him.

I see that he's been a member for about 10 years with a total of six posts over that time and only the current one in the past 12 months. Of course he might be away or his computer/ wifi / broad band might have failed etc.

Anyway, I'd like to know if any more light can be thrown on this topic, so please keep us informed.

Dave

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

As far as I was aware the only way to transfer music to the HDD was from a CD. It is much easier and quicker to copy music to a usb and play from that. plus I can take it with me and play in my wife's car.

Toyota local dealer has told me there is nothing they can do, or know of, to convert the aux in / add another separate usb input.

But I did find this online. Not sure if it would be any good?

Jim,

Apologies for suggesting you had disappeared without trace.- it's not unknown in this forum.

Can you tell us a little more about your multimedia unit in the car - is it part of the SatNav and if so do you have the SatNav model number?

You wrote "nothing they can do, or know of, to convert the aux in / add another separate usb input."

Does this mean there is a single USB already, or none at all?

Your question "But I did find this online. Not sure if it would be any good? " does not have a web reference so could you repeat this info.

Dave

If your unit is the TNS510 there is a USB connection on the bottom right hand side. I have a very small USB thumb drive loaded with music and it displays artists, album and track names on screen but not album art.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have a 2011 Avensis [T4 Nav version] which has a 3.5 mm aux input in the centre console. Is there a way that this can be changed so I can have a USB input? If not is there another way I can have a USB input somewhere else? I am also hoping that the end result will allow me to see the song information on the screen, not just Track 1 for example.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Jim

Could have a look at whether any of the Xcarlink solutions are what you want - http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=11

For example - http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=35&cat=11&page=1

If your unit is the TNS510 there is a USB connection on the bottom right hand side. I have a very small USB thumb drive loaded with music and it displays artists, album and track names on screen but not album art.

Jim, you need to give the model of the audio unit. There are different models, but you cannot get specific help without specific information in some cases.

Most recent unit fitted have USB built in, or have a socket at the rear to add USB. Dave and Mike covered what I have just said.

I can add that Connects2 who are similar Xcarlink. Google Connects2 Toyota Avensis for results.

Konrad

Hi,

The unit is called an HDD Navigation system and has B9012 on the front of it.

the missing link was www.caraudiogroup.com/knowledge_base/car_audio_stereo_practical_instruction_00002.html

[which I had to type because I can't copy/paste to this location for some reason] When you google the part number this brings up an item on the USA Amazon page.

I just thought there may be a way to add a USB port to play my mp3 music and have the track info displayed on the screen. I suspect the xcarlink unit only displays Track 1 for example. But I have emailed the site asking for some clarification on this.

Thanks for the advice / tips so far.

Jim

Jim,

Looks like you are in the same position as the participants to the thread "New Avensis Sat Nav/hard Drive Premium Audio" in this forum in 2009.

My understanding is that unfortunately the B9012 seems to lack the capability for direct USB connectivity, at either front or rear of the unit, that seems to be available in the preceding and subsequent SatNav/multimedia units.

But I also understand that the unit does have a rear multipin connector for the purpose of interfacing to an adaptor kit providing USB and iPod connectivity. I believe this kit was quite expensive - price between £100 and £200.

The installation and operating manual for this adaptor kit is at this site :

But as an alternative see below for a complete new Satnav/multimedia unit with GPS (IGO software)/ USB/ DVD/ CD/ Bluetooth/ Reversing camera on eBay...

My own car was made in 2012 and is equipped with a Toyota "Touch and Go" Satnav/multi media unit, and has USB capability etc. I saw a recent 2nd hand unit for sale at over £500 !

But as mentioned above, a better value looks to be this new item on eBay.co.uk at £260 : described as "Toyota Avensis Verso Hilux Land Cruiser RAV4 Car DVD GPS Player Sat Nav KNT USB", with eBay item number:251891368794.

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links