Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weather Stripping

AygoAde

Well following on from my 'Leaks' post I am slowly resolving the various ingresses.

The latest one is the weather stripping. On the boot it is in good nick but is just too small so it pulls away at the corners. I have taken it off, cleaned and refitted but it just does not fit. I could cut it and add a length to the bottom but I can't find a matching profile anywhere. Any ideas??

Having said that on examining the other 4 door weatherstrips all are perished. To replace all 5 (inc boot) from Toyota is £300!!. Any ideas or do I just have to bite the bullet?

Cheers FB,

Great call on the C1 Store. I have emailed them to check that these fit on older models as mine is a 2006.

Saw the eBay ones, will keep an eye out in case someone lists the 5 door ones.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update for anyone interested. I sealed the lights with 2mm rubber strip, the 4 boot rubber stoppers with silicone and replaced the boot weatherstrip. No more leaks so far!

Re the boot weatherstrip I decided to get to spend the extra and get the proper one from Toyota. I wish I had got the cheaper one off eBay as no matter what I did I could not get it to fit. In the end I had to cut an inch off of it. Maybe newer aygo's are different?

Just awaiting new door seals from C1 and then all good to go.

• 2 months later...

Sadly not all good to go from the C1 shop. over 2 months waiting and no sign of delivery and very poor communication from shop. I had to go back to my card provider to get a refund.

Got them in the end direct from Toyota, more expensive but got them next day and problem solved.

my advice to anyone else is obvious!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links