Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights On Warning Buzzer?

the_hood

Hi, I have a 2009 Auris and just wanted to know if it has 'lights on' warning buzzer?

That's twice, since I've bought the car a few weeks ago, that I've left my lights on.

All my previous cars have had this or have had the lights connected to the ignition.

I would have thought so.

Are you sure that it's your exterior lights that you have left on & not an interior one or perhaps have a short somewhere?

Also, if it hasn't had a replacement Battery then at 6 years there is a chance that the Battery itself is going.

My 2009 has a beeping noise when you leave lights on and open the door or turn the ignition off

My 2012 Hybrid has it.

But I think if i forget to power off (push button start) - then it does not buzz!

My is the auto also - so easy to leave gear in P and power button in positions I + II ...

If the engine is off and lights are on, it will buzz, if engine is on, it won't - no matter if you have a start button or an ignition key.

My hearings not that good,on my 2013 Auris the lights on "buzzer" is so quiet that my far younger neighbour could only just hear it.

I asked my dealer why was it so low,he said customers wanted turned down as it was too loud on the previous model.

Same problem with my 2014 Icon, keep leaving the lights on as the buzzer is so quite I can't hear it and less i really concentrate in which case I can remember to turn the lights off!!

MiseryGuts said: My hearings not that good,on my 2013 Auris the lights on "buzzer" is so quiet that my far younger neighbour could only just hear it.

I asked my dealer why was it so low,he said customers wanted turned down as it was too loud on the previous model.
What was that you said MiseryGuts? I canny hear you.
I said I canny hear you!!!

Thanks for the replies. Looks as if the buzzer isn't working as there isn't any sound at all.

Headlights on, engine off but keys still in the ignition, open the door and .....nothing :(

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

Just checked my 2012 first generation Auris, and with the lights on, keys not in the ignition, when one opens the door the headlight warning buzzer sounds. Reasonably loud.

Makes me wonder whether the warning can be turned on/off via a menu the dealer can access, and it has been turned off on yours.

Makes me wonder whether the warning can be turned on/off via a menu the dealer can access, and it has been turned off on yours.

Nope. Can't do. Unlike the seat belt buzzer, which could be turned off through a hidden menu, the keys and lights buzzer can't be turned off. Many people here, including me, have wanted to get rid of the key in the ignition buzzer with no success. Many have been driven so crazy that they wanted to shove a screwdriver through the buzzer, but it is hidden so deep that nobody has been able to even locate it, which means the_hood's buzzer is probably busted.

How do you turn off the seat belt buzzer can it be done on a 2009 can it ... I need to know lol mine does my head in

... Many people here, including me, have wanted to get rid of the key in the ignition buzzer with no success...

Remove the steering column cover in order to get access at ignition switch, and a small 2 pins connector can be observed that should be unplugged for canceling this type of buzz.

1) Turn Ignition On and set you dash display to ODO

2) Turn Ignition Off
3) Turn Ignition On again within 5 seconds while pressing and holding Trip Reset Button
4) After 10 seconds Fasten Your Seatbelt. (Put belt buckle into slot)
5) The Display shows B-ON
6) Release The Trip and Press Again and The Display Shows B-OFF
7) Turn Ignition Off and Release Seat Belt.
The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

How do you turn off the seat belt buzzer can it be done on a 2009 can it ... I need to know lol mine does my head in

I know you wont like this answer but just wear your seat belt.........might just save your life one day, it did mine a few years ago.

Works a treat ideal what other hidden features is there like that

... Many people here, including me, have wanted to get rid of the key in the ignition buzzer with no success...

Remove the steering column cover in order to get access at ignition switch, and a small 2 pins connector can be observed that should be unplugged for cancelling this type of buzz.

Any pictures Tavy

I would advise the op to get someone else to confirm that the buzzer really is silent if he hasn't already done so. My father can't hear the buzzer at all on his Corolla (which is fairly loud) but he does suffer from high frequency hearing loss (at nearly 90).

• Like 1

My hearing is fine, but it seems my Auris isn't since the buzzer isn't working.

Well at the end of the day its better for the car to be faulty than your ears. Strange problem though.

True ;)

I'll maybe look at getting the headlights connected to the ignition.

When you open the drivers door does the door open warning appear on the dash and do the interior lights come on ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links