Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 Tourer - Very Poor Reversing Light Output

ipsgit

The reversing light on my T27 Tourer is so poor and I can hardly see the lighting effect from the driving seat. I believe that the bulb of the reversing light is 21 volt.

Does any one know if I can obtain a brighter bulb? LED perhaps. Any suggested web sites?

I thing that it is unbelievable that Toyota has such a poor single reversing light. My last Toyota, a 2000 Yaris Verso was so much better when reversing.

it'll be 21W rather than 21V.

I agree that it's poor but sadly many car manufacturers have moved to 1 reverse & 1 rear fog (i.e. the minimum legal requirement) - I imagine that the savings made when building millions of cars is substantial & most people never think to check when buying & only notice afterwards. When we had a Focus it was notoriously bad as not only did it have only 1 reverse light but it was at the bottom of the n/s corner of the bumper - at least the T27 is reasonably central & higher up. Quite a few people on the Focus forum were modding by fitting LED & also to 2 by fitting the o/s light cluster from a lhd Focus & modifying the bulb holders.

You should be able to fit an LED but afaik it wouldn't be legal (although tbh the chances of ever being picked up on it I would think are infinitesimal).

• Like 1

I have had no troubles seeing where I am reversing so far. My car does not have any aids either!

Yes there is only one light on the Mk3, compared to my Mk1 which has two. The fogs are double too!

There probably is a bright LED substitute available, but will it be okay to use?

Heidfirst posted as I am typing this, and made a valid point about manufacturers making savings. Oh yes, I pulled up behind a Mk1 Focus last week, and he was reversing back. His reverse light was too low for me to see, but I was aware made by the cars movement. I reversed to give him space. That's when I saw the reverse light! He did thank me.

There are options to buy after market reverse cameras available. If you want to go down that rout, look on Amazon/eBay.

Do you remember the reversing lens, which you could fix on the rear window? I know it does not help with reversing in the dark, but used with a slightly brighter bulb may help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links